iccsi

      14th Oct 2010
I use smtp to send out bulk email reports.
The send out email stop when it mail server failed for example the
mail box is full or mail does not exist.

Are there any way to continue to send out next email even mail server
fails?

Your help is great appreciated,

Tony Toews

      14th Oct 2010
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:16:03 -0700 (PDT), iccsi <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I use smtp to send out bulk email reports.
>The send out email stop when it mail server failed for example the
>mail box is full or mail does not exist.

But those aren't problems with your local SMTP server. Those are
problems with the recipients SMTP server.

>Are there any way to continue to send out next email even mail server
>fails?

Not directly no. Unless there is a backup SMTP server available
somewhere. And that might not be available in your LAN.

You might want to setup some tables to record the various data and
then have a resend button. Also flag which emails have been
succesfully sent. I do this all the time anyhow so the users can see
exactly what emails have been sent and to where.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP