What is SMRTNTKY?

Craig

      26th Dec 2005
I found a folder named "SMRTNTKY" in D-drive.
Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
Cragi

John

      26th Dec 2005
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:16:59 -0700, "Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I found a folder named "SMRTNTKY" in D-drive.
>Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
>Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
>Cragi

Craig:

Do you know how touse Google? (www.google.com)
If you had used it, the first thing that would have come up is
It contains some very helpful information!

Feiliz Navidad! y Prospero aņo felicidad !

John <><

Heirloom

      26th Dec 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878475
Nothing to worry about..........check out the above sites.
Heirloom, old and Google is good

"Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u4%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found a folder named "SMRTNTKY" in D-drive.
> Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
> Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
> Cragi

=?Utf-8?B?UGFuZGFfbWFu?=

      26th Dec 2005
If you want to know if a file is legit /virus and spyware free/ you need to
perform a full scan with up-to-date AV and antispyware.

However ,in your case the file isn't malware and is legit file:

read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878475

Panda_man
--
Prevention is always better than cure !
Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown malware

"Craig" wrote:

> I found a folder named "SMRTNTKY" in D-drive.
> Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
> Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
> Cragi

Heirloom

      26th Dec 2005
Like your fish John!
Heirloom, old and don't eat 'em

"John <><" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:16:59 -0700, "Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I found a folder named "SMRTNTKY" in D-drive.
>>Is that a spyware or essential component of WinXP Pro, SP1 or SP2?
>>Before deletiing , I want to make sure that it won't cripple mycomputer.
>>Cragi
>>

> Craig:
>
> Do you know how touse Google? (www.google.com)
> If you had used it, the first thing that would have come up is
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0604.mspx
> It contains some very helpful information!
>
> Feiliz Navidad! y Prospero aņo felicidad !
>
> John <><

John

      26th Dec 2005
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:58:29 -0600, "Heirloom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Like your fish John!

Thanks!

Part of my sig . .
Goes back a long way, I understand
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_symb.htm

John <><

=?Utf-8?B?cHJvanVuaW9y?=

      27th Dec 2005
How come I can't ask a question, but I can post a reply?
--
projunior

"John <><" wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:58:29 -0600, "Heirloom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Like your fish John!
> >

> Thanks!
>
> Part of my sig . .
> Goes back a long way, I understand
> http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_symb.htm
>
> John <><

=?Utf-8?B?cHJvanVuaW9y?=

      27th Dec 2005

--
projunior

"projunior" wrote:

> How come I can't ask a question, but I can post a reply?
> --
> projunior
>

> "John <><" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:58:29 -0600, "Heirloom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Like your fish John!
> > >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Part of my sig . .
> > Goes back a long way, I understand
> > http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_symb.htm
> >
> > John <><

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

      27th Dec 2005
"projunior" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> How come I can't ask a question, but I can post a reply?

In Outlook Express go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) | News.
Set up an account for this news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
carries over 2200 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
messages at least 30 days.

For more detail see
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

--