Slow slide loading

sf

      3rd Nov 2003
I'm working with PPT 2000 and all of a sudden, it takes an
extremely long time to open files. Also, if a slide has a
chart on it, it takes an extremely long time to load the
slide. I have 256 RAM and my virtual memory is fine.
This happens with all files and is even happening on a
couple other computers with Office 2000 in the office (but
not all).

Help!

Sonia

      3rd Nov 2003
Try the tips at:

PowerPoint gets the SLOWS
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00114.htm

Programs slow down after applying Windows XP SP1
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00434.htm
--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials

"sf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07b701c3a258$ff81e330$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm working with PPT 2000 and all of a sudden, it takes an
> extremely long time to open files. Also, if a slide has a
> chart on it, it takes an extremely long time to load the
> slide. I have 256 RAM and my virtual memory is fine.
> This happens with all files and is even happening on a
> couple other computers with Office 2000 in the office (but
> not all).
>
> Help!

      3rd Nov 2003
This link will cover the main two causes:
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00114.htm

Please spend a few minutes checking out www.pptfaq.com This link will
answer most of our questions, before you think to ask them.

Change org to com to defuse anti-spam, ant-virus, anti-nuisance
misdirection.