Slow Printing Problems and Printing Rubbish

=?Utf-8?B?VGJ1Z3M=?=

      5th Oct 2005
Hello and thank you for replying to my post in advance.

We are using a Windows 2000 Advanced server here and all computers are on
Windows XP with no service pack updates. We have setup an HP LaserJet 1300n
printer using a standard TCP/IP port connection.

We have been having a lot of print problems recently where jobs are taking
around 10 minutes to print and some jobs end up printing one line of strange
symbol text on hundreds of pages. After this happens the lights on the
printer keep flashing and nothing happens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you again.

=?Utf-8?B?R29idWNraQ==?=

      5th Oct 2005
I have got a lot of the pages of gibberish on 1200 and 1300 Laserjets.
However, the speed problems I do not. You may want to check the port speeds
for the said printer. If it's set to auto, try setting it to 10full or visa
versa. Also, if it's set to 100, it might be going too fast. See if that
helps.

I have found in the past, that disconnecting the jetdirect from the printer
and reinstalling it fixes the gibberish problem.