SLI mode wrecks media player and media center using vista 64

=?Utf-8?B?bWUgdG9v?=

      7th Oct 2007
I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and tried installing the two microsoft
hotfixes, 940105 and 936710 but was informed the fixes "do no apply to your
system". That was confusing since my system qualifies and both fixes do not
appear in my update history list. So my reason for posting is to find a
solution as to why media player and media center display stuttering video or
a black screen when SLI is enabled. When SLI is disabled both applications
perform normally. My two video cards appear in device manage as enabled.
Does anyone know of a link or a fix that can help me? I'm at my wits end
here.

fourteen

      7th Oct 2007
"me too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and tried installing the two microsoft
> hotfixes, 940105 and 936710 but was informed the fixes "do no apply to
> your
> system". That was confusing since my system qualifies and both fixes do
> not
> appear in my update history list. So my reason for posting is to find a
> solution as to why media player and media center display stuttering video
> or
> a black screen when SLI is enabled. When SLI is disabled both
> applications
> perform normally. My two video cards appear in device manage as enabled.
> Does anyone know of a link or a fix that can help me? I'm at my wits end
> here.

are you running Vista 64bit?

Rollin' Rog

      7th Oct 2007
First try resetting your BIOS to the defaults. Some come over clocked or you
may have done so.

Try this cumulative update, make sure you choose the correct version. If you
really have the 64 bit version of Vista -- that is what you want, not the
x86 version. Your error message indicates that the wrong version was
selected:

"fourteen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "me too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and tried installing the two
>> microsoft
>> hotfixes, 940105 and 936710 but was informed the fixes "do no apply to
>> your
>> system". That was confusing since my system qualifies and both fixes do
>> not
>> appear in my update history list. So my reason for posting is to find a
>> solution as to why media player and media center display stuttering video
>> or
>> a black screen when SLI is enabled. When SLI is disabled both
>> applications
>> perform normally. My two video cards appear in device manage as enabled.
>> Does anyone know of a link or a fix that can help me? I'm at my wits end
>> here.

> are you running Vista 64bit?

=?Utf-8?B?bWUgdG9v?=

      7th Oct 2007
Yes I'm running 64 bit vista and I'll visit the link you offered rog...thanks
to you both for replying

"Rollin' Rog" wrote:

> First try resetting your BIOS to the defaults. Some come over clocked or you
> may have done so.
>
> Try this cumulative update, make sure you choose the correct version. If you
> really have the 64 bit version of Vista -- that is what you want, not the
> x86 version. Your error message indicates that the wrong version was
> selected:
>
> "fourteen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "me too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and tried installing the two
> >> microsoft
> >> hotfixes, 940105 and 936710 but was informed the fixes "do no apply to
> >> your
> >> system". That was confusing since my system qualifies and both fixes do
> >> not
> >> appear in my update history list. So my reason for posting is to find a
> >> solution as to why media player and media center display stuttering video
> >> or
> >> a black screen when SLI is enabled. When SLI is disabled both
> >> applications
> >> perform normally. My two video cards appear in device manage as enabled.
> >> Does anyone know of a link or a fix that can help me? I'm at my wits end
> >> here.

> > are you running Vista 64bit?

=?Utf-8?B?bWUgdG9v?=

      7th Oct 2007
I searched through my update history and noticed I've installed update
938194. I forgot to mention in my first post that I've tried single gpu mode
(which is what happens when I disable SLI) while using SLI thinking I could
"trick" media player and media center into running normally. No such luck.
The audio continues fine but the video "stutters" unless I disable SLI
globally. I'm thinking the hotfixes might help.