Sleep mode - Computer does not got to sleep

Franz

      22nd Feb 2008
My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.

For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode. I
did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after 30
minutes.

One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the screen
saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display to
turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Franz

Franz

Bob

      22nd Feb 2008
Go to Advance Power Settings.
Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.
Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off"
Under USB settings select "Disable"
Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."

<Franz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.
>
> For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode. I
> did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after
> 30
> minutes.
>
> One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the
> screen
> saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display
> turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.
>

> Any idea what could be wrong?
>
> Franz
>
> Franz

Mark L. Ferguson

      22nd Feb 2008
The hybrid sleep feature and the hibernation feature in Windows Vista may
become unavailable after you use the Disk Cleanup Tool :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

Mark L. Ferguson

..
<Franz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.
>
> For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode. I
> did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after
> 30
> minutes.
>
> One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the
> screen
> saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display
> turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.
>

> Any idea what could be wrong?
>
> Franz
>
> Franz

Franz

      23rd Feb 2008
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I also
checked Bob's suggestion with no success. A note - I suspect it may have
something to do with the monitor because it does not turn off. I set the
screensaver to start after 10 minutes and to shut down after 15 minutes. The
screensaver starts as set but the monitor never turns off.

Franz

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> The hybrid sleep feature and the hibernation feature in Windows Vista may
> become unavailable after you use the Disk Cleanup Tool :
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> <Franz> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.
> >
> > For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode. I
> > did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after
> > 30
> > minutes.
> >
> > One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the
> > screen
> > saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display
> > turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.
> >

> > Any idea what could be wrong?
> >
> > Franz
> >
> > Franz

Bob

      23rd Feb 2008
How to Troubleshoot a Vista Sleep Mode Problem and Find a Solution

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

<Franz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I
> also
> checked Bob's suggestion with no success. A note - I suspect it may have
> something to do with the monitor because it does not turn off. I set the
> screensaver to start after 10 minutes and to shut down after 15 minutes.
> The
> screensaver starts as set but the monitor never turns off.
>
> Franz
>

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> The hybrid sleep feature and the hibernation feature in Windows Vista may
>> become unavailable after you use the Disk Cleanup Tool :
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897
>>
>> --
>> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
>> web
>> interface.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>>
>> .
>> <Franz> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.
>> >
>> > For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep
>> > mode. I
>> > did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep
>> > after
>> > 30
>> > minutes.
>> >
>> > One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the
>> > screen
>> > saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the
>> > display
>> > turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.
>> >

>> > Any idea what could be wrong?
>> >
>> > Franz
>> >
>> > Franz

joaneee

      28th Feb 2008
This helped! Finally! Like having a new computer.

"Mark L. Ferguson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The hybrid sleep feature and the hibernation feature in Windows Vista may
> become unavailable after you use the Disk Cleanup Tool :
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
> web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales....htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> <Franz> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate.
>>
>> For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode.
>> did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after
>> 30
>> minutes.
>>
>> One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the
>> screen
>> saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display
>> turn off after 20 minutes - but it never turns itself off.
>>

>> Any idea what could be wrong?
>>
>> Franz
>>
>> Franz

Bob

      10th Dec 2009
What options do you see for Hybrid and Hibernate?

***When posting, please quote relevant information so that others may learn
and benefit from the issue.***

news:(E-Mail Removed)...