Skype and Outlook Contacts

=?Utf-8?B?VGF4ZWQgTWluZA==?=

      20th Feb 2007
I know that using the Skype software I can export my phone numbers from
Outlook but can I store and export my "skype names" in Outlook? For example
there is an IM Address section in Outlook but can this be used with Skype or
is it only for MSN Instant Messenger?

Thanks in advance,

A Taxed Mind

Roman Brehm

      20th Feb 2007
There's the question what you want to do with the skype names in Outlook.
If you just want to store them you can of course use the IM-field (the
online-status is of course only shown with MSN/WLM-addresses).

Another possibility is to use User-defined fields.
In Outlook 2007 you reach them in a contact under "Show"-"All Fields".
There you can create new fields (in your case choose "User-defined fields in
folder") for all of your contacts, e.g. a "Skype"-field.

Roman Brehm

"Taxed Mind" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know that using the Skype software I can export my phone numbers from
> Outlook but can I store and export my "skype names" in Outlook? For
> example
> there is an IM Address section in Outlook but can this be used with Skype
> or
> is it only for MSN Instant Messenger?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> A Taxed Mind

=?Utf-8?B?VGF4ZWQgTWluZA==?=

      20th Feb 2007
Thanks Roman, so it sounds like there is no "compatabilty" between Outlook
and Skype, only with MSN Internet Messenger.
Thanks for your help.

"Roman Brehm" wrote:

> There's the question what you want to do with the skype names in Outlook.
> If you just want to store them you can of course use the IM-field (the
> online-status is of course only shown with MSN/WLM-addresses).
>
> Another possibility is to use User-defined fields.
> In Outlook 2007 you reach them in a contact under "Show"-"All Fields".
> There you can create new fields (in your case choose "User-defined fields in
> folder") for all of your contacts, e.g. a "Skype"-field.
>
> Roman Brehm
>

> "Taxed Mind" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I know that using the Skype software I can export my phone numbers from
> > Outlook but can I store and export my "skype names" in Outlook? For
> > example
> > there is an IM Address section in Outlook but can this be used with Skype
> > or
> > is it only for MSN Instant Messenger?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > A Taxed Mind

Roman Brehm

      20th Feb 2007
Yes, there is no real integration of Skype contacts to Outlook.
But you could also use the Skype Mail Toolbar
(http://www.skype.com/download/skypeemailtoolbar/) if you want to call Skype
contacts out of Outlook.