Dan F.

      5th Oct 2003
I just set up a site in my Ohio office and I made the DC
a Global Catalog server and then set up the site. I have
the default first site and this new site and these are
the only sites I have. I associated the Ohio site with a
subnet but not the default first site. Can users not on
the Ohio subnet still authenticate to he DC in Ohio the
site still? I will be setting up the default first site
next week.

Johan Arwidmark

      5th Oct 2003
If the clients cannot find a DC in the same site they will
authenticate against another DC in another site

In order to complete your config you also need to move the DC to the
new site.

Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic
http://wug.lutteman.se

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 20:47:52 -0700, "Dan F." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just set up a site in my Ohio office and I made the DC
>a Global Catalog server and then set up the site. I have
>the default first site and this new site and these are
>the only sites I have. I associated the Ohio site with a
>subnet but not the default first site. Can users not on
>the Ohio subnet still authenticate to he DC in Ohio the
>site still? I will be setting up the default first site
>next week.

Dan F.

      5th Oct 2003
I do have a DC in the new site.