Simple permission question (I think)

Doug Wells

      13th Jan 2004
I am sharing some folders on an XP box with full "Everyone"
permissions. Now, I want to make one particular folder only accesible
to two people over the network. Every time I try to set permissions to
that effect, it only allows me to set permissions for people on the
local box, not over the network. How can I set permissions for users
over the network, and/or prompt for a username/password?

Thanks

Peak

      13th Jan 2004
You must have a domain to acheive that. Otherwise the permissions only
affect the local computer (how can one computer know about other computer
permissions etc. without a domain controller that administer this?).
Regards
Peter

news:lOLMb.456$(E-Mail Removed)...