Simple database program type for electronic components?

Chaos Master

      12th Sep 2004
Hello people.

Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
electronic components?

I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.

Note: this e-mail address goes to /dev/null.

Spehro Pefhany

      12th Sep 2004
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:24:06 -0300, the renowned Chaos Master
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello people.
>
>Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
>electronic components?
>
>I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
>able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.
>
>[]s

Parts 'n Vendors by Trilogy seems to get good reviews. I've only
looked at a demo but it seems to have been designed by people who
actually know what manufacturing is all about.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
(E-Mail Removed) Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

Chaos Master

      12th Sep 2004
Spehro Pefhany did not write:

> Parts 'n Vendors by Trilogy seems to get good reviews. I've only
> looked at a demo but it seems to have been designed by people who
> actually know what manufacturing is all about.

I will check this, even it being demo/shareware.

(but still looking at free solution)

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.
I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!"
-- Amy Lee

Note: this e-mail address goes to /dev/null.

Lee

      13th Sep 2004
It has been reported by the Department of Homeland Security that on Sun, 12
Sep 2004 15:24:06 -0300, Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote the following intercepted missive:

>Hello people.
>
>Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
>electronic components?
>
>I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
>able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.
>
>[]s

Try SmartDb at http://alainlecomte.free.fr/Download.htm

CUL8R

R*Horse

www.sonic.net/~lkokot

"Take a look behind you - upstream - now you begin to
recognize this country, don't you?"

"Yes, I do recognize it now. It is the most wonderful
thing I ever heard of; by a long shot the most
wonderful - and unexpected."

Mark Twain
Life on the Mississippi

Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

      15th Sep 2004

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello people.
>
> Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
> electronic components?
>
> I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I

want to be
> able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.

Excel spreadsheets are needed for calculations. But it's doubtfdul that
you need that much power. "Database" sounds like Access would be more
appropriate.
You could also do a lot with web pages.

> []s

Gareth Magennis

      16th Sep 2004
I've always found Filemaker Pro to be very easy to use and customise. Much
more friendly than Access or Excel.

Gareth.

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello people.
>
> Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
> electronic components?
>
> I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want

to be
> able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.
>
> []s
> --
> Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
> "People told me I can't dress like a fairy.
> I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!"
> -- Amy Lee
>
> Note: this e-mail address goes to /dev/null.

Khaled

      16th Sep 2004
"Gareth Magennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cibne2$9eu$(E-Mail Removed):

> Filemaker Pro

http://www.filemaker.com/

Small point of order.. It is NOT freeware.. rather NOT !!!

Gareth Magennis

      17th Sep 2004

> http://www.filemaker.com/
>
> Small point of order.. It is NOT freeware.. rather NOT !!!

well spotted Khaled

Ken Smith

      26th Sep 2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello people.
>
>Do you know of any simple database program, to manage an inventory of
>electronic components?
>
>I can do this with Excel, I know, but I want to make a "step up". I want to be
>able to add images like pinouts and component ratings.

Why not just add hyper links to the datasheets to the XL?

I remember some years back there was one for the usual $35 shareware price
that could handle up to 32K part numbers.

(E-Mail Removed) forging knowledge