Sign on "this computer"

=?Utf-8?B?QkJhaWxleQ==?=

      2nd Nov 2004
I have a WXP Pro SP2 computer that is a member of a domain. The user on the
machine has been logging on to "this computer" at log on rather than the
domain. He has limited access to resources, printers, etc.
1. Is the fact he has not been logging onto the domain the reason for the
limited domain access?
2. If I change the computer to default to the domain when he logs on cause
his account settings to be lost/ or is there a way to migrate these account
settings to his domain profile?

Thanks,

Richard G. Harper

      2nd Nov 2004
1. Almost surely this is the cause.

2. Use the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" to save his settings while
logged onto the PC, then re-load them after he logs onto the domain.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)

"BBailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a WXP Pro SP2 computer that is a member of a domain. The user on the
> machine has been logging on to "this computer" at log on rather than the
> domain. He has limited access to resources, printers, etc.
> 1. Is the fact he has not been logging onto the domain the reason for the
> limited domain access?
> 2. If I change the computer to default to the domain when he logs on cause
> his account settings to be lost/ or is there a way to migrate these
> account
> settings to his domain profile?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?QkJhaWxleQ==?=

      2nd Nov 2004
I will give it a try this morning and post the results.