PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Shutdown Problems related to Norton Internet Security

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Apr 2006
I recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2006. I have Windows XP Home
Edition. My Computer has started shutting down - turning off when I am
scanning my Computer with Norton Anti-Virus. Now, sometimes, when the
Computer has almost finished booting, my computer will turn off - shut down.
My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able to scan
in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU

Jeff
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?SmF5bW9u?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Apr 2006
I use NIS and it takes about 30min to scan my system, my temp rises
considerably due to the intensive CPU usage during the scan.. Check that your
cooling fans are free of dust and are working properly, especially the CPU
fan.. You might try opening the case and or using a household fan to blow
cool air into the case..
Does the computer shut down using any other apps or just when you use the
NIS AV scaner..?
Food for thought..
j;-j

"jmm1966" wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2006. I have Windows XP Home
> Edition. My Computer has started shutting down - turning off when I am
> scanning my Computer with Norton Anti-Virus. Now, sometimes, when the
> Computer has almost finished booting, my computer will turn off - shut down.
> My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able to scan
> in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU
>
> Jeff

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Apr 2006

Jaymon

It only happens when i am scanning. If I leave my computer alone without
scanning, the computer doesn't shut down. Lately, my computer has shut down
just after being booted up. Thank you

Jeff

"Jaymon" wrote:

> I use NIS and it takes about 30min to scan my system, my temp rises
> considerably due to the intensive CPU usage during the scan.. Check that your
> cooling fans are free of dust and are working properly, especially the CPU
> fan.. You might try opening the case and or using a household fan to blow
> cool air into the case..
> Does the computer shut down using any other apps or just when you use the
> NIS AV scaner..?
> Food for thought..
> j;-j
>
> "jmm1966" wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2006. I have Windows XP Home
> > Edition. My Computer has started shutting down - turning off when I am
> > scanning my Computer with Norton Anti-Virus. Now, sometimes, when the
> > Computer has almost finished booting, my computer will turn off - shut down.
> > My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able to scan
> > in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU
> >
> > Jeff

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?SmF5bW9u?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Apr 2006
What Make & model computer..?
How old is the PSU/computer..?
Have you ever replaced the CMOS battery in this computer..?
In the Power Options Properties, Power Schemes, it's set properly, right..?
Have you contacted Symantec customer support for their thoughts on the
matter..?
j;-j



"jmm1966" wrote:

>
> Jaymon
>
> It only happens when i am scanning. If I leave my computer alone without
> scanning, the computer doesn't shut down. Lately, my computer has shut down
> just after being booted up. Thank you
>
> Jeff
>
> "Jaymon" wrote:
>
> > I use NIS and it takes about 30min to scan my system, my temp rises
> > considerably due to the intensive CPU usage during the scan.. Check that your
> > cooling fans are free of dust and are working properly, especially the CPU
> > fan.. You might try opening the case and or using a household fan to blow
> > cool air into the case..
> > Does the computer shut down using any other apps or just when you use the
> > NIS AV scaner..?
> > Food for thought..
> > j;-j
> >
> > "jmm1966" wrote:
> >
> > > I recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2006. I have Windows XP Home
> > > Edition. My Computer has started shutting down - turning off when I am
> > > scanning my Computer with Norton Anti-Virus. Now, sometimes, when the
> > > Computer has almost finished booting, my computer will turn off - shut down.
> > > My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able to scan
> > > in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU
> > >
> > > Jeff

 
Reply With Quote
 
DL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Apr 2006
And lastly dont multipost, cross post if you must. Then we could all see the
earlier replies

"Jaymon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What Make & model computer..?
> How old is the PSU/computer..?
> Have you ever replaced the CMOS battery in this computer..?
> In the Power Options Properties, Power Schemes, it's set properly,

right..?
> Have you contacted Symantec customer support for their thoughts on the
> matter..?
> j;-j
>
>
>
> "jmm1966" wrote:
>
> >
> > Jaymon
> >
> > It only happens when i am scanning. If I leave my computer alone without
> > scanning, the computer doesn't shut down. Lately, my computer has shut

down
> > just after being booted up. Thank you
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Jaymon" wrote:
> >
> > > I use NIS and it takes about 30min to scan my system, my temp rises
> > > considerably due to the intensive CPU usage during the scan.. Check

that your
> > > cooling fans are free of dust and are working properly, especially the

CPU
> > > fan.. You might try opening the case and or using a household fan to

blow
> > > cool air into the case..
> > > Does the computer shut down using any other apps or just when you use

the
> > > NIS AV scaner..?
> > > Food for thought..
> > > j;-j
> > >
> > > "jmm1966" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2006. I have Windows

XP Home
> > > > Edition. My Computer has started shutting down - turning off when I

am
> > > > scanning my Computer with Norton Anti-Virus. Now, sometimes, when

the
> > > > Computer has almost finished booting, my computer will turn off -

shut down.
> > > > My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able

to scan
> > > > in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU
> > > >
> > > > Jeff



 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
      12th Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?= View Post
I recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2006. I have Windows XP Home
Edition. My Computer has started shutting down - turning off when I am
scanning my Computer with Norton Anti-Virus. Now, sometimes, when the
Computer has almost finished booting, my computer will turn off - shut down.
My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able to scan
in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU

Jeff


call to agent001 best technical support in the world
and ask for johnson
toll free no- 1-855-243-6800
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
      12th Jul 2012
call to agent001 best technical support in the world
and ask for johnson
toll free no- 1-855-243-6800
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shut Down Problem related to Norton Internet Security =?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?= Windows XP Performance 3 16th Apr 2006 05:06 PM
Shut Down Problem related to Norton Internet Security =?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?= Windows XP Accessibility 1 16th Apr 2006 12:12 AM
Shut Down Problem related to Norton Internet Security =?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?= Windows XP Configuration 1 15th Apr 2006 09:36 AM
Shutdown Problems related Norton Internet Security =?Utf-8?B?am1tMTk2Ng==?= Windows XP General 1 15th Apr 2006 08:19 AM
SYMANTEC NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2005, SYMANTEC NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2005, SYMANTEC NORTON SYSTEM WORKS 2005, SYMANTEC NORTON GHOST V9.0, Norton PartitionMagic 8.05, Acronis PartitionExpert v-2003, Acronis Disk Director Suite v9.0.508, new !, other Zorba.GR Windows XP Customization 2 23rd Sep 2004 03:40 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:00 PM.