Event ID: 26
Date: 19/10/2009
Time: 08:22:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Application popup: SHUTDOWN.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x77fcb333" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
"written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

----

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Dave Patrick

      19th Oct 2009
What operating system? What was the exact command that was run?

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"HM2K" wrote:
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Popup
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 26
> Date: 19/10/2009
> Time: 08:22:26 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER
> Application popup: SHUTDOWN.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
> "0x77fcb333" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
> "written".
>
> Click on OK to terminate the program
>
> ----
>
> Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Thanks.

HM2K

      21st Oct 2009
As per the group I am posting to it is Windows Advanced Server 2000.

For clarification:

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

The command I am trying to run is:

SHUTDOWN /Y /L /R /T:10 "Scheduled Reboot"

I tested this again with the following command:

SHUTDOWN /Y /L /R /T:10
SHUTDOWN /Y /L /A

It ran, displayed the shutdown timer as expected and then aborted as
expected.

It seems the problem is with the "message".

I've removed the message for now, but it would be useful to be able to
use the message option.

Any ideas why the message is causing such an error?

Thanks.

On 19 Oct, 21:14, "Dave Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What operating system? What was the exact command that was run?
>
> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "HM2K" wrote:
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: Application Popup
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 26
> > Date: 19/10/2009
> > Time: 08:22:26 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: SERVER
> > Application popup:SHUTDOWN.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
> > "0x77fcb333" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
> > "written".

> > Click on OK to terminate the program

> > ----

> > Any idea how to fix this?

> > Thanks.

Dave Patrick

      22nd Oct 2009
You might also try;

shutdown.exe /l /r /t:10 "Scheduled Reboot" /y

--

"HM2K" wrote:
> As per the group I am posting to it is Windows Advanced Server 2000.
>
> For clarification:
>
> Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
>
> The command I am trying to run is:
>
> SHUTDOWN /Y /L /R /T:10 "Scheduled Reboot"
>
> I tested this again with the following command:
>
> SHUTDOWN /Y /L /R /T:10
> SHUTDOWN /Y /L /A
>
> It ran, displayed the shutdown timer as expected and then aborted as
> expected.
>
> It seems the problem is with the "message".
>
> I've removed the message for now, but it would be useful to be able to
> use the message option.
>
> Any ideas why the message is causing such an error?
>
> Thanks.

HM2K

      22nd Oct 2009
That gives me the same error as before.

On 22 Oct, 03:39, "Dave Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You might also try;
>
> shutdown.exe /l /r /t:10 "Scheduled Reboot" /y
>
> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "HM2K" wrote:
> > As per the group I am posting to it is Windows Advanced Server 2000.

> > For clarification:

> > Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

> > The command I am trying to run is:

> >SHUTDOWN/Y /L /R /T:10 "Scheduled Reboot"

> > I tested this again with the following command:

> >SHUTDOWN/Y /L /R /T:10
> >SHUTDOWN/Y /L /A

> > It ran, displayed theshutdowntimer as expected and then aborted as
> > expected.

> > It seems the problem is with the "message".

> > I've removed the message for now, but it would be useful to be able to
> > use the message option.

> > Any ideas why the message is causing such an error?

> > Thanks.

Dave Patrick

      22nd Oct 2009
I think you must use the correct version of shutdown.exe that comes with the
Windows 2000 resource kit. If you don't have it you can also try;