Shutdown in 60secs

Michael B

      15th Jun 2004
I had some sassers on my laptop. Zone alarms was not
working and nither was norton, i removed them both. The
laptop was acting very slow. After i removed the firewalls
it started to come up wtih an eroor message from file
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe saying ur pc will shutdown
in 60secs. I kinda need some help. Can any1 tell me how to
stop this?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      15th Jun 2004
Michael;
You need to follow all the steps to keep Sasser off the computer:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/sasser.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Michael B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1ce0501c4530a$3e7dd9b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had some sassers on my laptop. Zone alarms was not
> working and nither was norton, i removed them both. The
> laptop was acting very slow. After i removed the firewalls
> it started to come up wtih an eroor message from file
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe saying ur pc will shutdown
> in 60secs. I kinda need some help. Can any1 tell me how to
> stop this?

Dani

      15th Jun 2004
I'm having the same problem when I use my computer at
home to go on-line. After rebooting, error message says
LSA Shell (export Version) enountered a problem and
needed to close. Apparently, if you can stay on-line
long enough and follow all the little "click here"'s to
get to the place where it will run some sort of fix-
it/diagnostic, you're home free. I either get "shut down
in 60" or Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close, which is followed very quickly by "shutdown in
60". Very frustrating. And so far MicroSlop has refused
to get back to me with any kind of ideas or suggestions.
Typical.

Good luck!

NoNoBadDog!

      16th Jun 2004
Congratulations!

Your system is infected with the much publicized Sasser worm. You allowed

yourself to become infected because of ALL of the following;

1. You have not updated your version of Windows.

2. You are not using an UP TO DATE antivirus program.

3. You connected to the internet without a firewall on your computer.

Until you correct ALL of the above situations, you will remain vulnerable to

infection not only by SASSER, but also by the thousands of other worms,

viruses, trojans, keyloggers, spyware, malware, etc.

Because you do not practice even the most basic level of computer security,

you are not only a threat to yourself but to the entire internet community.

When your machine is infected, it looks for other machines, owned by persons

like yourself who have poor computer security practices, to infect.

When the shutdown message appears, go START > Run and type in "shutdown -a"

(without the quotes), and hit the enter key. Go to the Microsoft update

website and download and install all critical patches. After rebooting, go

to the website of the company that makes your antivirus program and download

all the updates that are available. If your antivirus has expired, you must

purchase a new one.

Third, go to www.zonealarm.com and download the FREE firewall.

Keep your version of Windows updated. Always install any critical patches

that are posted to the Microsoft update website.

Keep you antivirus program up to date. New virus detection signatures are

released nearly on a daily basis, so this is something you should do every

day. Not once a month, or "when I have time", or "when I remember".

Once you have done these things, you will find your internet experience to

be much safer and happier.

Bobby

"Michael B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1ce0501c4530a$3e7dd9b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had some sassers on my laptop. Zone alarms was not
> working and nither was norton, i removed them both. The
> laptop was acting very slow. After i removed the firewalls
> it started to come up wtih an eroor message from file
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe saying ur pc will shutdown
> in 60secs. I kinda need some help. Can any1 tell me how to
> stop this?

NoNoBadDog!

      16th Jun 2004
This is not a "Microslop" problem....

[...]

news:1cd0401c4530c$c1c2d260$(E-Mail Removed)...