=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

      10th Feb 2005
OS: Win2000 Adv.Server
When our server is turned on 'Shut Down' button is grayed out on the login
screen. I want users to be able to turn off the server without login in to
it. How I can do it?

Miha Pihler [MVP]

      10th Feb 2005
Hi Tom,

If this is something you really want to do (not recommended for the servers)
you can edit this policy

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\Security Options

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/gp/559.asp

I hope this helps.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

> OS: Win2000 Adv.Server
> When our server is turned on 'Shut Down' button is grayed out on the login
> screen. I want users to be able to turn off the server without login in to
> it. How I can do it?

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

      10th Feb 2005
thank you,
how I can get to the computer configuration?

"Miha Pihler [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> If this is something you really want to do (not recommended for the servers)
> you can edit this policy
>
> Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
> Policies\Security Options
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/gp/559.asp
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> --
> Mike
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
>
> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > OS: Win2000 Adv.Server
> > When our server is turned on 'Shut Down' button is grayed out on the login
> > screen. I want users to be able to turn off the server without login in to
> > it. How I can do it?

Miha Pihler [MVP]

      10th Feb 2005
Tom,

This is part of the policy. Now you have to decide which policy you want to
configure. Will this be a local policy on the computer that is not member of
the domain. In this case you will run gpedit.msc on the computer and follow
the policy direction (Computer Configuration ...)
If the computers are members of domain, you can deploy this policy on domain
or OU level or ... In this case, you will need to either create new Group
Policy or edit existing Group Policy and again follow the policy
direction...

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

> thank you,
> how I can get to the computer configuration?
>
> "Miha Pihler [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> If this is something you really want to do (not recommended for the
>> servers)
>> you can edit this policy
>>
>> Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
>> Policies\Security Options
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/gp/559.asp
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Mike
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
>>
>> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > OS: Win2000 Adv.Server
>> > When our server is turned on 'Shut Down' button is grayed out on the
>> > login
>> > screen. I want users to be able to turn off the server without login in
>> > it. How I can do it?

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

      11th Feb 2005
got it, thank you again