Showing files in 'list' mode in Windows Explorer

Summer1

      14th Nov 2008
Hiya Everyone:

It seems that the 'default' for viewing files is as 'View, Icons.'

Is there a way to change all the files in C drive by clicking 'View, List'
without having to go into each 'directory' and doing it manually?

Olórin

      14th Nov 2008

"Summer1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya Everyone:
>
> It seems that the 'default' for viewing files is as 'View, Icons.'
>
> Is there a way to change all the files in C drive by clicking 'View, List'
> without having to go into each 'directory' and doing it manually?

Yes - set a folder to List view then go to Tools > Folder Options > 'View'
tab > 'Apply to all folders" button.

Summer1

      14th Nov 2008
Olorin:

I cannot 'open' your message-Please submit it again.

"Summer1" wrote:

> Hiya Everyone:
>
> It seems that the 'default' for viewing files is as 'View, Icons.'
>
> Is there a way to change all the files in C drive by clicking 'View, List'
> without having to go into each 'directory' and doing it manually?

Summer1

      15th Nov 2008
Thanks!

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

"Olórin" wrote:

> "Summer1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hiya Everyone:
> >
> > It seems that the 'default' for viewing files is as 'View, Icons.'
> >
> > Is there a way to change all the files in C drive by clicking 'View, List'
> > without having to go into each 'directory' and doing it manually?

> Yes - set a folder to List view then go to Tools > Folder Options > 'View'
> tab > 'Apply to all folders" button.

Olórin

      17th Nov 2008
"Summer1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks!
>
> That's exactly what I wanted to know.
>
> "Olórin" wrote:
>

>> "Summer1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hiya Everyone:
>> >
>> > It seems that the 'default' for viewing files is as 'View, Icons.'
>> >
>> > Is there a way to change all the files in C drive by clicking 'View,
>> > List'
>> > without having to go into each 'directory' and doing it manually?

>> Yes - set a folder to List view then go to Tools > Folder Options >
>> 'View'
>> tab > 'Apply to all folders" button.

Glad to help - thanks for feeding back!