How to show file types and file extensions

=?Utf-8?B?R3VudGVyIEtpcmNoaG9mZg==?=

      31st May 2004
How do I set windows XP Home to show file types and extensions

sometimes I have difficulties to tell if a file is a *.gif or *.jpg or *.tif file because my windows do not show file extensions

Lars Holm Thomsen

      31st May 2004
On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:31:03 -0700, "Gunter Kirchhoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How do I set windows XP Home to show file types and extensions.
>
>sometimes I have difficulties to tell if a file is a *.gif or *.jpg or *.tif file because my windows do not show file extensions

Tools - Folder Options... - view: Uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes"

Lars