Shourtcut to change text written in upper case to lower case

becksm

      5th Jan 2010
I often accidentally press the caps button and realise too late that I've
entered a lot of text in upper case, and then have to go back on myself and
re-type the entire thing in lower case.

I'd like there to be a shortcut that can be used, whereby you can highlight
the text that you've entered in upper case, do the shortcut, and it changes
the text to lower case- saving a lot of time when errors are made.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement

Greg Maxey

      5th Jan 2010
Shift F3 will often work or use the built in Change Case command. Format
Menu Word2003 and earlier. Home Tab>Font Group Word2007
"becksm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I often accidentally press the caps button and realise too late that I've
> entered a lot of text in upper case, and then have to go back on myself
> and
> re-type the entire thing in lower case.
>
> I'd like there to be a shortcut that can be used, whereby you can
> highlight
> the text that you've entered in upper case, do the shortcut, and it
> changes
> the text to lower case- saving a lot of time when errors are made.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement

Pesach Shelnitz

      5th Jan 2010
Hi,

There already is such a shortcut key. Select your text and press Shift+F3
once or twice until you have the capitalization that you want. Shift+F3
alternates between all uppercase, all lowercase, and first letter of each
word uppercase.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"becksm" wrote:

> I often accidentally press the caps button and realise too late that I've
> entered a lot of text in upper case, and then have to go back on myself and
> re-type the entire thing in lower case.
>
> I'd like there to be a shortcut that can be used, whereby you can highlight
> the text that you've entered in upper case, do the shortcut, and it changes
> the text to lower case- saving a lot of time when errors are made.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement

beerwolf

      26th Jan 2010
From your message headers it appears you're posting from Windows.
If Windows is where you do your work, the following small freeware
program called FlipCase might help. It places a small icon in your system
tray; whenever you leftclick on the icon, text in the clipboard has its case
altered in accordance with your preferred configuration options. So you
can just highlight the wrongly-cased text, copy, leftclick on the icon,
then paste.

You can use it no matter what application you're typing in - it need not be
Word.

You can find it at http://adriancarter.homestead.com .

HTH

--
AC

"becksm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I often accidentally press the caps button and realise too late that I've
> entered a lot of text in upper case, and then have to go back on myself
> and
> re-type the entire thing in lower case.
>
> I'd like there to be a shortcut that can be used, whereby you can
> highlight
> the text that you've entered in upper case, do the shortcut, and it
> changes
> the text to lower case- saving a lot of time when errors are made.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement

Stefan Blom

      26th Jan 2010
Note that in Word you can use Shift+F3 repeatedly to change the case.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news:036eca47$0$1310$(E-Mail Removed)...