Shoulder Heading

=?Utf-8?B?VmVyb25pY2E=?=

      16th Feb 2004
Could you please explain to me:
What is a shoulder heading and how is it done in a page of text (word)?
Thank you Veronica

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      17th Feb 2004
I've never heard this term, but my guess would be that it refers to an
"outdented" sidehead. That is, a sidehead with a negative left paragraph
indent so that it extends into the left margin.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Veronica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could you please explain to me:
> What is a shoulder heading and how is it done in a page of text (word)?
> Thank you Veronica

Pat Garard

      17th Feb 2004
Hi Veronica,

SHOULDER HEADING: This is a heading that occupies a
position at the left hand end of the first line of the parahraph
to which is is the heading - exactly as THIS paragraph!

For more, see:
http://www.parthpub.com/susdev/guidelines.html
In this guide, I think just about every heading is a shoulder
heading.
Also:
http://www.nrm.se/pb/grana/ITA.doc
http://www2.essex.ac.uk/cs/documenta...6/present.html
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

______________________________________

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      17th Feb 2004
Ah, that's what I know as a "run-in sidehead." For more on those, see
http://home.zebra.net/~sbarnhill/RunInSidehead.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondPERIODnetPERIODau> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Veronica,
>
> SHOULDER HEADING: This is a heading that occupies a
> position at the left hand end of the first line of the parahraph
> to which is is the heading - exactly as THIS paragraph!
>
> For more, see:
> http://www.parthpub.com/susdev/guidelines.html
> In this guide, I think just about every heading is a shoulder
> heading.
> Also:
> http://www.nrm.se/pb/grana/ITA.doc
> http://www2.essex.ac.uk/cs/documenta...6/present.html
> --
> Regards,
> Pat Garard
> Australia

Pat Garard

      17th Feb 2004
Hi Suzanne,

The proliferation of 'terms' is becoming a NightMare!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard