Shortcuts for VBA procedures in Modules of MS Access

Thomas Wiedmann

      7th Apr 2012
Hello,

is there a way to assign shortcuts for VBA procedures in Modules of MS
Access; if yes, how?

Thomas Wiedmann

Access Developer

      7th Apr 2012
Do you mean "keyboard shortcuts", such as "Fn" plus a Function Key like
"F6"?

Keyboard actions trigger events which fire an event, events can execute
Macros or VBA functions in the Form's (Object) Module-- if you want to
execute VBA procedures that are located in a General Module from either of
these type event, you can do so via a macro or VBA code. Events associated
with keyboard actions include: On Key Down, On Key Up, and On Key Press.

--
Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

"Thomas Wiedmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jlpmsh$oj8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> is there a way to assign shortcuts for VBA procedures in Modules of MS
> Access; if yes, how?
>
> Thomas Wiedmann

Thomas Wiedmann

      8th Apr 2012
> Do you mean "keyboard shortcuts", such as "Fn" plus a Function Key like
> "F6"?

Yes (whereas [Fn] usually is a key on notebooks only AFAIK)

> Keyboard actions trigger events which fire an event, events can execute
> Macros or VBA functions in the Form's (Object) Module-- if you want to
> execute VBA procedures that are located in a General Module from either of
> these type event, you can do so via a macro or VBA code.

Can you give an example how to assign a keyboard shortcut to an Access
macro, e. g. [Ctrl] + T for a procudure 'Sub Test'?

Thomas Wiedmann

Access Developer

      8th Apr 2012
To my mind, reassigning keycode actions tends to be a bit "quirky", so I
avoid it. What are you trying to accomplish with the code you'd execute, and
what are the circumstances in which you'd want to do it -- perhaps someone
can offer a useful alternative, or perhaps someone else uses reassigned
keycode actions and can give you an example.

--
Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010

"Thomas Wiedmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jls3hi$ufi$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do you mean "keyboard shortcuts", such as "Fn" plus a Function Key like
>> "F6"?

> Yes (whereas [Fn] usually is a key on notebooks only AFAIK)
>
>> Keyboard actions trigger events which fire an event, events can execute
>> Macros or VBA functions in the Form's (Object) Module-- if you want to
>> execute VBA procedures that are located in a General Module from either
>> of these type event, you can do so via a macro or VBA code.

> Can you give an example how to assign a keyboard shortcut to an Access
> macro, e. g. [Ctrl] + T for a procudure 'Sub Test'?
>
> Thomas Wiedmann

Access Developer

      8th Apr 2012
Oh, yes... I apologize that, given how little I use macros, I simply
overlooked that I should have mentioned the AutoKeys macro. For details, see
http://www.dataschenk.com/newsletter...s-Autokeys.htm. It may be
just what you need.

--
Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010

"Thomas Wiedmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jls3hi$ufi$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do you mean "keyboard shortcuts", such as "Fn" plus a Function Key like
>> "F6"?

> Yes (whereas [Fn] usually is a key on notebooks only AFAIK)
>
>> Keyboard actions trigger events which fire an event, events can execute
>> Macros or VBA functions in the Form's (Object) Module-- if you want to
>> execute VBA procedures that are located in a General Module from either
>> of these type event, you can do so via a macro or VBA code.

> Can you give an example how to assign a keyboard shortcut to an Access
> macro, e. g. [Ctrl] + T for a procudure 'Sub Test'?
>
> Thomas Wiedmann

Thomas Wiedmann

      14th Apr 2012
> For details, see
> http://www.dataschenk.com/newsletter...s-Autokeys.htm. It may be
> just what you need.

.... yes, that was it, I've looked for - thanks a lot.

Thomas Wiedmann