Shortcut Key for CMD.exe?

RJ

      30th Sep 2004
Is there a shortcut key combination that will open a command prompt window?

Jim Macklin

      30th Sep 2004
Create a shortcut, find cmd.exe in Windows/system32 folder,
right click and make shortcut. You can create a hotkey too.
Or just put it on the desktop or even quick-launch toolbar.

"RJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u4%(E-Mail Removed)...
| Is there a shortcut key combination that will open a
command prompt window?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      30th Sep 2004
Hit the Windows Key and R, then type "cmd" without the quotes,
then hit enter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

| Is there a shortcut key combination that will open a command prompt window?

RJ

      30th Sep 2004
Yes, that I know. I was hoping for something standard like WinKey+C, or CTRL+SHIFT+C,
or something similar that was built into the OS, and would work by default on any XP
PC.

I guess not... I wonder why? Seems like an obvious choice for a shortcut key. Maybe security?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hit the Windows Key and R, then type "cmd" without the quotes,
> then hit enter.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> | Is there a shortcut key combination that will open a command prompt window?

Jim Byrd

      30th Sep 2004
Hi RJ - Just a thought, you might want to do what I did - if you have a
multi-media type keyboard installed (like the Wireless Natural Multimedia
Keyboard that I use), you can re-program one of the keys to do this for you
using the Control Panel Keyboard applet. (I don't have Messenger, so I
re-programed that key to bring up E:\Winnt\System32|cmd.exe - I'm on
Win2kPro installed on the e:\ partition)

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
RJ <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> Yes, that I know. I was hoping for something standard like WinKey+C,
> or CTRL+SHIFT+C,
> or something similar that was built into the OS, and would work by
> default on any XP
> PC.
>
> I guess not... I wonder why? Seems like an obvious choice for a
> shortcut key. Maybe security?
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hit the Windows Key and R, then type "cmd" without the quotes,
>> then hit enter.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>>> Is there a shortcut key combination that will open a command prompt
>>> window?

Alex Nichol

      1st Oct 2004
RJ wrote:

>Is there a shortcut key combination that will open a command prompt window?

Set one up; in start - All Programs - Accessories, right click the
Command Prompt, Properties, set a Shortcut key for it. Say F10

Applies to anything in the Start Menu - All Programs and subfolders

Bournemouth, U.K. (E-Mail Removed) (remove the D8 bit)