Shortcut for font color?

Murgi

      28th Nov 2004

Either I am struggling with the MS Word terminology, or this function is lacking…

Well, I did a large translation a year ago. Now I have been asked by the
client to make changes to the existing text, and translate new text within
paragraphs, etc.
The client wants to see these changed and new parts in RED. I can do that
by selecting the color and then type along. However, there should be a way
to do that once only and not hundreds of times. Anything I type within the
black text shall appear in red. Changing the default color in Fonts will
turn the entire text red…
I tried to assign a shortcut for a particular font color, but I see no way
to do that.

Has anybody ever done that?

Best regards,
Murgi

garfield-n-odie

      28th Nov 2004
Answered in another group. Please do not multipost.

Murgi wrote:
> Either I am struggling with the MS Word terminology, or this function is lacking…
>
> Well, I did a large translation a year ago. Now I have been asked by the
> client to make changes to the existing text, and translate new text within
> paragraphs, etc.
> The client wants to see these changed and new parts in RED. I can do that
> by selecting the color and then type along. However, there should be a way
> to do that once only and not hundreds of times. Anything I type within the
> black text shall appear in red. Changing the default color in Fonts will
> turn the entire text red…
> I tried to assign a shortcut for a particular font color, but I see no way
> to do that.
>
> Has anybody ever done that?
>
> Best regards,
> Murgi

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Doug Robbins

      28th Nov 2004
Use track changes. See more detailed response in the vba.general newsgroup
to which you posted the same question. Please do not post the same question
separately to multiple newsgroups. Instead, put the names of the newsgroups
in the header of the one message so that when it is answered in one
newsgroup, the answer will also appear in the others. Makes it easier for
you to find the answer and makes it less likely that someone will spend time
answering a question that has already been answered elsewhere.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

> Either I am struggling with the MS Word terminology, or this function is
> lacking…
>
> Well, I did a large translation a year ago. Now I have been asked by the
> client to make changes to the existing text, and translate new text within
> paragraphs, etc.
> The client wants to see these changed and new parts in RED. I can do that
> by selecting the color and then type along. However, there should be a way
> to do that once only and not hundreds of times. Anything I type within the
> black text shall appear in red. Changing the default color in Fonts will
> turn the entire text red…
> I tried to assign a shortcut for a particular font color, but I see no way
> to do that.
>
> Has anybody ever done that?
>
> Best regards,
> Murgi

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =---

Murgi

      28th Nov 2004

"Doug Robbins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Use track changes. ...

Please do not post the same question
>separately to multiple newsgroups.

Thanks a lot for this advice... and sorry for crossposting. I'll do what
you have suggested in my next posting.

Murgi