PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Shortcut Arrows

 
 
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Dec 2006
Hi,

Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of shortcut
arrows?
The one that causes no issues?


Jeff
(we don't need no stinkin arrows)
QL convert

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Dec 2006
http://www.frameworkx.com/frameworkx...blog=57&id=531
Or
http://www.totalidea.com/content/twe...kvi-index.html

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
"Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uoa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of shortcut
> arrows?
> The one that causes no issues?
>
>
> Jeff
> (we don't need no stinkin arrows)
> QL convert


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Dec 2006
That's the ticket Max
-frameworks
-thx

woohoo

Jeff

"Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.frameworkx.com/frameworkx...blog=57&id=531
> Or
> http://www.totalidea.com/content/twe...kvi-index.html
>
> --
> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uoa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of shortcut
>> arrows?
>> The one that causes no issues?
>>
>>
>> Jeff
>> (we don't need no stinkin arrows)
>> QL convert

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chad Harris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Dec 2006
Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.

How's everything at duh.edu?


Registry Settings
System Key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
Shell Icons]
Value Name: 29
Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
Value Data: Icon Filename

To Change the Icon:
Open the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Explorer\Shell Icons] and create a new string value, or modify the existing
value, called '29'. Set it to equal the filename, including path, for the
icon you want to use for the shortcut arrow. By setting this to a blank icon
it has a similar effect to the removal method above, without the side
effects.

Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.


CH


"Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uoa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of shortcut
> arrows?
> The one that causes no issues?
>
>
> Jeff
> (we don't need no stinkin arrows)
> QL convert


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Dec 2006
Still on vaca, but tying up loose ends,

Can't get Dr. OMG to track down a good WMP icon that'll play nice.
Seems he's out on sabbatical-
dang tenure

"Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.
>
> How's everything at duh.edu?
>
>
> Registry Settings
> System Key:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
> Shell Icons]
> Value Name: 29
> Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
> Value Data: Icon Filename
>
> To Change the Icon:
> Open the key
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
> Explorer\Shell Icons] and create a new string value, or modify the
> existing value, called '29'. Set it to equal the filename, including path,
> for the icon you want to use for the shortcut arrow. By setting this to a
> blank icon it has a similar effect to the removal method above, without
> the side effects.
>
> Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
>
>
> CH
>
>
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uoa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of shortcut
>> arrows?
>> The one that causes no issues?
>>
>>
>> Jeff
>> (we don't need no stinkin arrows)
>> QL convert

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin Barnhorst
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Dec 2006
There is a knock off called TweakVI. It runs but whether it is baked enough
to use is something I don't know. I haven't been gutsy enough to do more
than download it and see if it at least runs.

"Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chad Harris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Dec 2006
If you do a little searchin' you can download a WMP icon you like. I told
you when I tried to sub from my favicon stash WMP didn't open until I
rebooted. There could have been a lot of reasons. I didn't bother to see if
Event Viewer had anything that would have shed light.

CH


"Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Still on vaca, but tying up loose ends,
>
> Can't get Dr. OMG to track down a good WMP icon that'll play nice.
> Seems he's out on sabbatical-
> dang tenure
>
> "Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.
>>
>> How's everything at duh.edu?
>>
>>
>> Registry Settings
>> System Key:
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
>> Shell Icons]
>> Value Name: 29
>> Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
>> Value Data: Icon Filename
>>
>> To Change the Icon:
>> Open the key
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
>> Explorer\Shell Icons] and create a new string value, or modify the
>> existing value, called '29'. Set it to equal the filename, including
>> path, for the icon you want to use for the shortcut arrow. By setting
>> this to a blank icon it has a similar effect to the removal method above,
>> without the side effects.
>>
>> Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
>>
>>
>> CH
>>
>>
>> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:uoa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of
>>> shortcut arrows?
>>> The one that causes no issues?
>>>
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>> (we don't need no stinkin arrows)
>>> QL convert

>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chad Harris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Dec 2006
I gave it a workout. It seems to work fine; I have the full version of
Tweak XP. It wants you to use a 1024X 768 low display resolution to work
best for whatever reason.

CH


"Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is a knock off called TweakVI. It runs but whether it is baked
> enough to use is something I don't know. I haven't been gutsy enough to
> do more than download it and see if it at least runs.
>
> "Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.
>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Dec 2006
Hmm
yup,
grabbed icons-lots of them, just to see which I liked, but

they'll work for awhile,then if I install something-even something
completely different(lol), and reboot,
the imported icon goes funky on me and I get that generic weird no icon/icon

Now; for something completely different-lol

Happy New Year(soon)

Jeff

"Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you do a little searchin' you can download a WMP icon you like. I told
> you when I tried to sub from my favicon stash WMP didn't open until I
> rebooted. There could have been a lot of reasons. I didn't bother to see
> if Event Viewer had anything that would have shed light.
>
> CH
>
>
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Still on vaca, but tying up loose ends,
>>
>> Can't get Dr. OMG to track down a good WMP icon that'll play nice.
>> Seems he's out on sabbatical-
>> dang tenure
>>
>> "Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.
>>>
>>> How's everything at duh.edu?
>>>
>>>
>>> Registry Settings
>>> System Key:
>>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
>>> Shell Icons]
>>> Value Name: 29
>>> Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
>>> Value Data: Icon Filename
>>>
>>> To Change the Icon:
>>> Open the key
>>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
>>> Explorer\Shell Icons] and create a new string value, or modify the
>>> existing value, called '29'. Set it to equal the filename, including
>>> path, for the icon you want to use for the shortcut arrow. By setting
>>> this to a blank icon it has a similar effect to the removal method
>>> above, without the side effects.
>>>
>>> Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.
>>>
>>>
>>> CH
>>>
>>>
>>> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:uoa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Anyone still have a link to that app that let's ya get rid of
>>>> shortcut arrows?
>>>> The one that causes no issues?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Jeff
>>>> (we don't need no stinkin arrows)
>>>> QL convert
>>>

>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Dec 2006

This works great-from the original topic o' this thread:

http://www.frameworkx.com/frameworkx...blog=57&id=531

Jeff


"Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
news:uwLuc%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I gave it a workout. It seems to work fine; I have the full version of
>Tweak XP. It wants you to use a 1024X 768 low display resolution to work
>best for whatever reason.
>
> CH
>
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There is a knock off called TweakVI. It runs but whether it is baked
>> enough to use is something I don't know. I haven't been gutsy enough to
>> do more than download it and see if it at least runs.
>>
>> "Chad Harris" <fixvista-itneedsit.net> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Tweak UI is one app but I don't think there is one for Vista yet.
>>>

>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blue arrows, purple arrows ? jihchiang Windows Vista Administration 4 10th Mar 2008 11:19 PM
Up Arrows / Down Arrows MWH Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions 18 3rd Jul 2005 02:38 PM
shortcut arrows cappast Windows XP General 3 7th Jun 2004 05:06 PM
Shortcut icon whit 2 arrows Jorn Windows XP General 0 5th May 2004 02:14 PM
Missing Shortcut Arrows On Desk Top =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= Windows XP Help 0 3rd Jan 2004 10:26 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:37 AM.