Shopping For CD/DVD Burner Software

Gary Brown

      3rd Dec 2006
Hi and Happy Holidays,

What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
audio CDs.

I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.

Thanks,
Gary

Rod Speed

      3rd Dec 2006
Gary Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
> It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy audio CDs.

> I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.

I have always preferred Roxio Easy Media Creator over Nero.

Much more intuitive user interface in my opinion.

Joel

      4th Dec 2006
"Gary Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi and Happy Holidays,
>
> What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
> It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
> audio CDs.
>
> I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

I don't think you will find anything better than other, cuz they suppose
to do a pretty similar job.

DATA, all you need to do is selecting DATA mode then Drag & Drop data to it
and burn. I don't see any other would do much difference

AUDIO, all you need to do is selecting Audio Mode, then again Drag & Drop
audio format to it and you have a singing CD

VIDEO, same thing just select the correct Video Mode then Drag & Drop Video
Clips to it then you have moving image with noise.

I wouldn't recommend any other cuz the chance that you will hate them all
<bg>

Grinder

      4th Dec 2006
Joel wrote:
> "Gary Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi and Happy Holidays,
>>
>> What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
>> It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
>> audio CDs.
>>
>> I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gary

> I don't think you will find anything better than other, cuz they suppose
> to do a pretty similar job.
>
> DATA, all you need to do is selecting DATA mode then Drag & Drop data to it
> and burn. I don't see any other would do much difference
>
> AUDIO, all you need to do is selecting Audio Mode, then again Drag & Drop
> audio format to it and you have a singing CD
>
> VIDEO, same thing just select the correct Video Mode then Drag & Drop Video
> Clips to it then you have moving image with noise.
>
> I wouldn't recommend any other cuz the chance that you will hate them all
> <bg>

It might be worth trying DeepBurner -- it's free for personal use.

Joel

      4th Dec 2006
Grinder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Joel wrote:
> > "Gary Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi and Happy Holidays,
> >>
> >> What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
> >> It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
> >> audio CDs.
> >>
> >> I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Gary

> > I don't think you will find anything better than other, cuz they suppose
> > to do a pretty similar job.
> >
> > DATA, all you need to do is selecting DATA mode then Drag & Drop data to it
> > and burn. I don't see any other would do much difference
> >
> > AUDIO, all you need to do is selecting Audio Mode, then again Drag & Drop
> > audio format to it and you have a singing CD
> >
> > VIDEO, same thing just select the correct Video Mode then Drag & Drop Video
> > Clips to it then you have moving image with noise.
> >
> > I wouldn't recommend any other cuz the chance that you will hate them all
> > <bg>
> >

> It might be worth trying DeepBurner -- it's free for personal use.

But the problem that it may not do any different than other he already
hated. So my point is

- CDR (CD burner program) has been around for over decade, and most of them
are pretty similar to each other. Or it's pretty much use_one_know_all
programs

- And instead of spending time trying to find thing to hate, I would suggest
to use that valuable time to learn about what the program can do to enjoy it
instead of hating it. And there are few to pick, if doesn't like one then
just pick the other.. and it seems like right now Nero is the current most
popular one (many can't find anything else to hate they turn to hate the
newer version <bg>)