sharing a scanner on a network

Tim Sheehan

      14th Mar 2004
How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
using Windows XP and would like to know.

Jaan V

      14th Mar 2004
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:42:17 GMT, Tim Sheehan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
> using Windows XP and would like to know.i

Last time I looked this was only feasible in a *nix environment using
saned, a scanner daemon.
Jaan V

Gadget Guy Bob

      14th Mar 2004
Tim Sheehan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<t%M4c.2686$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
> using Windows XP and would like to know.

You can use RemoteScan software from http://www.remote-scan.com

It lets you share any kind of scanner -- flatbed scanners, film
scanners, duplex scanners, sci, usb, etc. as long as the scanner is
twain compatible, on your network.

Works with terminal services too. It is new software and works quite
well. I found out about it from PC Magazine.

Cari

      14th Mar 2004
However be advised that although the 'client' software is free, the 'server'
software is NOT.

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Gadget Guy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tim Sheehan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<t%M4c.2686$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
>> using Windows XP and would like to know.

> You can use RemoteScan software from http://www.remote-scan.com
>
> It lets you share any kind of scanner -- flatbed scanners, film
> scanners, duplex scanners, sci, usb, etc. as long as the scanner is
> twain compatible, on your network.
>
> Works with terminal services too. It is new software and works quite
> well. I found out about it from PC Magazine.

Gadget Guy Bob

      14th Mar 2004
That's true, but it was worth it: we were about to have to pay close
to a thousand dollars for a hardware solution, but paid $40 instead...
that was quite reasonable! Then discovering that it now we can use
flatbed scanners with terminal services, the cost for Remotescan
becomes negligible.

Also, it totaly answers what a lot of people, myself included, have
been asking for for a long time: how to share flatbed scanners on a
network.

"Cari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<EE25c.38249$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> However be advised that although the 'client' software is free, the 'server'
> software is NOT.
>
> Cari
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Gadget Guy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tim Sheehan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:<t%M4c.2686$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >> How does one network a scanner so that other people can share it? I am
> >> using Windows XP and would like to know.

> > You can use RemoteScan software from http://www.remote-scan.com
> >
> > It lets you share any kind of scanner -- flatbed scanners, film
> > scanners, duplex scanners, sci, usb, etc. as long as the scanner is
> > twain compatible, on your network.
> >
> > Works with terminal services too. It is new software and works quite
> > well. I found out about it from PC Magazine.

New Member

      23rd Mar 2011
Another way to share your scanner is using RemoteTwain ( http://www.scanworkssoftware.com/remotetwain.aspx ). It is TWAIN driver so it allows using any TWAIN compliant software and scan from scanner attached to another PC remotely.