share my calendar option not available - Not a stupid problem

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0ZURhd2dLMg==?=

      7th Feb 2006
Hi, I have the latest version of Outlook, 2003 running on Win XP Pro over an
exchange server
I can access other members' calenders and contacts, but cannot share my own,
when I view my calendar / contacts the usual option of "share my calendar" on
the navigation plan is simply not there! I have the open a shared calendar
option, but not the share my option
I use outlook to open several email accounts, including my work email
connecting to the exchange server, which I have set as the default
and I have a hotmail and yahoo email running through it as well

how do I share my calendar? Is there way to make sure that my calendar is
on my exchange server account and not on my hotmail account?
any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

      7th Feb 2006
Are you downloading your mail into a PST file or using your server mailbox?
If you're using a PST you can't share your calendar.

"NateDawgK2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have the latest version of Outlook, 2003 running on Win XP Pro over
> an
> exchange server
> I can access other members' calenders and contacts, but cannot share my
> own,
> when I view my calendar / contacts the usual option of "share my calendar"
> on
> the navigation plan is simply not there! I have the open a shared
> calendar
> option, but not the share my option
> I use outlook to open several email accounts, including my work email
> connecting to the exchange server, which I have set as the default
> and I have a hotmail and yahoo email running through it as well
>
> how do I share my calendar? Is there way to make sure that my calendar is
> on my exchange server account and not on my hotmail account?
> any help would be much appreciated
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0ZURhd2dLMg==?=

      7th Feb 2006
how do I tell ??
all of my incoming messages I read from the Personal folder inbox rather
then checking each one individually

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Are you downloading your mail into a PST file or using your server mailbox?
> If you're using a PST you can't share your calendar.
>
> "NateDawgK2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, I have the latest version of Outlook, 2003 running on Win XP Pro over
> > an
> > exchange server
> > I can access other members' calenders and contacts, but cannot share my
> > own,
> > when I view my calendar / contacts the usual option of "share my calendar"
> > on
> > the navigation plan is simply not there! I have the open a shared
> > calendar
> > option, but not the share my option
> > I use outlook to open several email accounts, including my work email
> > connecting to the exchange server, which I have set as the default
> > and I have a hotmail and yahoo email running through it as well
> >
> > how do I share my calendar? Is there way to make sure that my calendar is
> > on my exchange server account and not on my hotmail account?
> > any help would be much appreciated
> > thanks

=?Utf-8?B?TmF0ZURhd2dLMg==?=

      7th Feb 2006
I guess that goes back to my original question, my calendar must not be
attached to the exchange account, but to the hotmail or yahoo
how do I move it to the correct location?
I tried copying it to all the different accounts, but no matter which way I
view it I can seem to get the share option to come up
thanks again

"NateDawgK2" wrote:

> how do I tell ??
> all of my incoming messages I read from the Personal folder inbox rather
> then checking each one individually
>
> "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > Are you downloading your mail into a PST file or using your server mailbox?
> > If you're using a PST you can't share your calendar.
> >
> > "NateDawgK2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi, I have the latest version of Outlook, 2003 running on Win XP Pro over
> > > an
> > > exchange server
> > > I can access other members' calenders and contacts, but cannot share my
> > > own,
> > > when I view my calendar / contacts the usual option of "share my calendar"
> > > on
> > > the navigation plan is simply not there! I have the open a shared
> > > calendar
> > > option, but not the share my option
> > > I use outlook to open several email accounts, including my work email
> > > connecting to the exchange server, which I have set as the default
> > > and I have a hotmail and yahoo email running through it as well
> > >
> > > how do I share my calendar? Is there way to make sure that my calendar is
> > > on my exchange server account and not on my hotmail account?
> > > any help would be much appreciated
> > > thanks

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

      7th Feb 2006
You can check the download location here: Tools menu > Email accounts >
View/Change > Click Next. Check the "Deliver new mail" dropdown

"NateDawgK2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I guess that goes back to my original question, my calendar must not be
> attached to the exchange account, but to the hotmail or yahoo
> how do I move it to the correct location?
> I tried copying it to all the different accounts, but no matter which way
> view it I can seem to get the share option to come up

Brian Tillman

      8th Feb 2006
NateDawgK2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> how do I tell ??

Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next and examine the "Delivery new e-mail to the
following location" drop-down at the bottom. If it says "Mailbox - your
name", then your delivery location is Exchange and you should be able to
share your folders. If it says "Personal Folders", then your delivery
location is a PST and you can't share. If you want to share, change it to
the mailbox, stop and restart Outlook, then copy everything from your prior
delivery location to the mailbox folders.
--
Brian Tillman