setup.msi for activesync 4.5 wont run?

jansant

      8th Mar 2009
I can not install activesync 4.5 because the setup.msi file is
creating an error. I've downloaded the file a few times, and also from
different sources. Each time I get the same error, thinking about it i
think in the past have had same problem with .msi files on this PC.

error.error reading from file d:/downloads/setup.msi verify that the
file exists and that you can access it

anyone know what causes this error and the solution?
I have windows2000 sp4.
thanks

Stubby

      8th Mar 2009
On Mar 8, 2:34*am, jansant <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I can not install activesync 4.5 because the setup.msi file is
> creating an error. I've downloaded the file a few times, and also from
> different sources. Each time I get the same error, thinking about it i
> think in the past have had same problem with .msi files on this PC.
>
> error.error reading from file d:/downloads/setup.msi verify that the
> file exists and that you can access it
>
> anyone know what causes this error and the solution?
> I have windows2000 sp4.
> thanks

I had the same problem but not with ActiveSync. In the end I had to
talk to Microsoft and they walked me through flushing the version of
Windows Installer that I had on my system and then installing the
latest version.