How to setup local print with remote desktop connection

Bill

      4th Feb 2004
I use Win 2000 Pro with USB printer attached at home and
try to connect Win XP Pro at work with Remote Desktop
Connection. How to make my local printer available during
the remote connection session?

Paulo Hartung

      4th Feb 2004
Bill,
First you need to see if your printer has a native driver
in the Term Serv Server. If not you need to install the
driver in the server.
Some USB printers will not be able to be mapped.
You can also try to force a "capture" for your printer, to
one specific LPT port (command "net use lpt1
\\compname\printersharename"

Vera Noest [MVP]

      4th Feb 2004
This might also help:

302361 - Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or
USB Are Not Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services
Session
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Paulo Hartung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:9f4901c3eb48$a1b98ad0$(E-Mail Removed):