setup and cdrom.sys

CB

      31st Jul 2003
I reformated my hard drive and am installing Windows
2000. I created the setup disks from my Win2K disks and
received the error on disk for of the setup:

CDROM.SYS file is corrupted.
press any key to continue.

at this point it aborts setup. I tried downloading a new
set of setup disks and receive the same error on disk 4.

What do I do to fix this?
Thank you for any assistance...

Dave Patrick

      31st Jul 2003
To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Win2k CD-rom;
change to the \bootdisk directory on the cd-rom and execute makeboot.exe
(from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]