Settings for 'Details' Folder View option

Herbert Eppel

      8th Feb 2008
How can I make a particular setting for the 'Details' Folder View option
stick?

I would like to see Name, Size and Date Modified, with the Name column
wider than the default width.

Windows Explorer seems to set this on a folder by folder basis, i.e.
every time I open another folder it seems to come up with a default
'Details' setting (i.e. narrow Name column, Size, Type, Date Modified).

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

AQV

      8th Feb 2008
If you are creating new folders, the settings applied by default cant be
changed. However in normal use, i.e. if you open a folder, the remembered
settings of that folder will be loaded as long as you have the option set. To
enable folders remembering their view settings, do the following: In control
panel goto Folder Options ->View->select "Remember each folder's view
settings".

- AQV

"Herbert Eppel" wrote:

> How can I make a particular setting for the 'Details' Folder View option
> stick?
>
> I would like to see Name, Size and Date Modified, with the Name column
> wider than the default width.
>
> Windows Explorer seems to set this on a folder by folder basis, i.e.
> every time I open another folder it seems to come up with a default
> 'Details' setting (i.e. narrow Name column, Size, Type, Date Modified).
>
> --
> Herbert Eppel
> www.HETranslation.co.uk

Herbert Eppel

      9th Feb 2008
On 08.02.2008 17:53 UK Time, AQV wrote:
> If you are creating new folders, the settings applied by default cant be
> changed. However in normal use, i.e. if you open a folder, the remembered
> settings of that folder will be loaded as long as you have the option set. To
> enable folders remembering their view settings, do the following: In control
> panel goto Folder Options ->View->select "Remember each folder's view
> settings".

Thanks for your reply.

I'm surprised the default setting can't be changed =-O

I wonder why there is no such option?

After all, it is available in other file managers such as PowerDesk.

--
Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

ju.c