Settings Dafault Paper Size in registry????

Lucas

      14th Oct 2004
Is there a way to set default Paper Size in registry?? I have been searching
but haven't found anything.
I would like to change the default paper size in the system from Letter to
A4.

Thanks
Lucas

KM

      14th Oct 2004
Lucas,

I don't know about the general settings.My guess it depends on application and driver you use. At least I know for sure that some
printer drivers have their own default settings (hard-coded or set in registry).
Some settings are set through *.ppd files.

Here is IE printer settings you can play with:

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

Value : type Description
PageOrientation : REG_DWORD Specifies page orientation. Valid settings are 1=portrait, 2=landscape. Default setting is 1.
PrintQuality : REG_DWORD Specifies print quality. Valid settings are 1=draft, 2=final. Default setting is 1.
PaperSize : REG_DWORD Specifies paper size. Valid settings are 1=letter, 5=Legal, 9=A4, 13=B5.Default setting is 1.

For Acrobat Reader the settings are under [HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\5.0\AVGeneral]

Another approach you can go with is to use PrintUI from command line (no user input required) to set up some printer preferences.
See how to do that here: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html. (Use /Ss and /Sr switches - worked perfect for me).
Some more help (tutorial) here: http://www.cendio.com/files/thinlinc...l/ch18s02.html

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.

> Is there a way to set default Paper Size in registry?? I have been searching
> but haven't found anything.
> I would like to change the default paper size in the system from Letter to
> A4.
>
> Thanks
> Lucas

Lucas

      15th Oct 2004
Thanks, I tried it out and it almost works.

I can save the settings using /Sr command, but I get an error when using the
/Sr command. The error says nothing and the settings file is not loaded.
PrintUI.dll exists.

/Lucas

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lucas,
>
> I don't know about the general settings.My guess it depends on application

and driver you use. At least I know for sure that some
> printer drivers have their own default settings (hard-coded or set in

registry).
> Some settings are set through *.ppd files.
>
> Here is IE printer settings you can play with:
>
> [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
>
> Value : type Description
> PageOrientation : REG_DWORD Specifies page orientation. Valid

settings are 1=portrait, 2=landscape. Default setting is 1.
> PrintQuality : REG_DWORD Specifies print quality. Valid settings are

1=draft, 2=final. Default setting is 1.
> PaperSize : REG_DWORD Specifies paper size. Valid settings are

1=letter, 5=Legal, 9=A4, 13=B5.Default setting is 1.

> For Acrobat Reader the settings are under [HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat

Reader\5.0\AVGeneral]

> Another approach you can go with is to use PrintUI from command line (no

user input required) to set up some printer preferences.
> See how to do that here: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html. (Use

/Ss and /Sr switches - worked perfect for me).
> Some more help (tutorial) here:

http://www.cendio.com/files/thinlinc...l/ch18s02.html

> --
> Regards,
> KM, BSquare Corp.
>

> > Is there a way to set default Paper Size in registry?? I have been

searching
> > but haven't found anything.
> > I would like to change the default paper size in the system from Letter

> > A4.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Lucas

KM

      15th Oct 2004
Lucas,

I guess you meant /Ss switch did not work for you?
Well.. in any case I can't help you much. It worked for me (pretty big image, though). You will have to monitor the command with
Regmon/Filemon to see what's missing and failing the call.

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.