Setting WINS node type

allan ackerman

      13th Nov 2003
I have set option 46 to 1, 2, and 4 via DHCP on my win2k
network and the option type always stays at 8. Manually
set it in the registry and it still comes out as 8 (H
node) Anyone out there know how to setup for B, M, or P
node anymore. It used to work on NT.

Allan Ackerman

Scott Harding - MS MVP

      13th Nov 2003
Have a look at this. Windows2k has very little use for WINS as it uses DNS
for mostly everything.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=win2000

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

(E-Mail Removed)
news:0e1a01c3aa00$1bbcdd30$(E-Mail Removed)...