setting up BF 1942 Server

boneheadlio

      29th Feb 2004
I have a server setup on my network but cant seem to get it to allow
conections from the internet. networkside is fine. can i get it to
listen to my IsP assigned IP rather than my local network IP? sorry if i
asked this in the wrong group. any pointers to webpages or the like will
be greatly appreciated.

John Wunderlich

      29th Feb 2004
boneheadlio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a server setup on my network but cant seem to get it to
> allow conections from the internet. networkside is fine. can i get
> it to listen to my IsP assigned IP rather than my local network
> IP? sorry if i asked this in the wrong group. any pointers to
> webpages or the like will be greatly appreciated.

Yes.
Read your Router Manual under "Port Forwarding" or "DMZ". It is then
accessible using your ISP-assigned IP address.
NB: Some ISPs block some server ports. Check with your ISP.

HTH,
John

boneheadlio

      29th Feb 2004
John Wunderlich wrote:
> boneheadlio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>I have a server setup on my network but cant seem to get it to
>>allow conections from the internet. networkside is fine. can i get
>>it to listen to my IsP assigned IP rather than my local network
>>IP? sorry if i asked this in the wrong group. any pointers to
>>webpages or the like will be greatly appreciated.

> Yes.
> Read your Router Manual under "Port Forwarding" or "DMZ". It is then
> accessible using your ISP-assigned IP address.
> NB: Some ISPs block some server ports. Check with your ISP.
>
> HTH,
> John

thx John!