Setting the serverfilter...

SparkG

      20th Oct 2003
Am trying to clear the serverfilter and filter in a
form's onclose event with:

me.serverfilter = "" or form.serverfilter = ""

Also trying to set filter with:

me.serverfilter = "" or form.serverfilter = ""

It doesn't seem to work. I present my users with a "list
view" form of all records, then they select one record
and go to a single record view with a

stLinkCriteria = "[Id]=" & Me![Id]
DoCmd.openForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Sometimes the serverfilter gets "stuck" on an
id and I have to go in design mode and delete it.

Any enlightenment on why this seemingly simple function
doesn't work?

John Viescas

      20th Oct 2003
Which version of Access? Access 2002 fixed a lot of bugs in this area in
adps. You should still be able to successfully do:

Me.ServerFilter = ""

and

Me.Filter = ""

... in the form close event.

--
John Viescas, author
"Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out"
"SparkG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07d801c3970b$d9a3f020$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Am trying to clear the serverfilter and filter in a
> form's onclose event with:
>
> me.serverfilter = "" or form.serverfilter = ""
>
> Also trying to set filter with:
>
> me.serverfilter = "" or form.serverfilter = ""
>
> It doesn't seem to work. I present my users with a "list
> view" form of all records, then they select one record
> and go to a single record view with a
>
> stLinkCriteria = "[Id]=" & Me![Id]
> DoCmd.openForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>

> Sometimes the serverfilter gets "stuck" on an
> id and I have to go in design mode and delete it.
>
> Any enlightenment on why this seemingly simple function
> doesn't work?

SparkG

      20th Oct 2003
Thanks for the quick comeback John...we're using Access
2002 as a front end SQLServer 2000. I've tried putting
that same code to a button, open in design mode and it
still doesn't do it.

pg=personal&fr_id=1090&px=1434411