Setting the message displayed for the return receipt

BLF

      21st Jun 2009
Is there a way that you can set the specific message that is sent to the
person requesting the read receipt? I have seen two messages, one stating
plainly "Your message was read on Day, Month, Year, at Hour:Minutes AM/PM"
and the other explaining that "The message was displayed on the recipient's
machine, however this does not guarantee or confirm that the message was read
or understood, only that it was displayed on the recipient's machine."

I am quite interested in knowing whether there is an option to set the
standard message sent in the even that someone requests a return receipt... I
like the idea of the disclaimer.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      21st Jun 2009
You can use a template that you design and then rules to reply with your
template to mail. You will need to turn off the option to send a receipt if
you only want your template used.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, BLF asked:

| Is there a way that you can set the specific message that is sent to
| the person requesting the read receipt? I have seen two messages, one
| stating plainly "Your message was read on Day, Month, Year, at
| Hour:Minutes AM/PM" and the other explaining that "The message was
| displayed on the recipient's machine, however this does not guarantee
| or confirm that the message was read or understood, only that it was
| displayed on the recipient's machine."
|
| I am quite interested in knowing whether there is an option to set the
| standard message sent in the even that someone requests a return
| receipt... I like the idea of the disclaimer.

VanguardLH

      21st Jun 2009
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

> You can use a template that you design and then rules to reply with your
> template to mail. You will need to turn off the option to send a receipt if
> you only want your template used.

Curious. I don't see a rule in Outlook on which it can test if a read
receipt was requested.