Set Default Printer for All Users

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gUnlvbg==?=

      18th May 2005
I am wondering if there is an easy way (such as a reg key) to set the default
printer on a computer for all users on this computer. No users have created
a profile yet, so all profiles from now on will be new...

Things I DON'T want to do are:
1)set it up in group policy
2)Mess with the default user profile.

Thanks,
Jason Ryon

andy smart

      18th May 2005
Jason Ryon wrote:
> I am wondering if there is an easy way (such as a reg key) to set the default
> printer on a computer for all users on this computer. No users have created
> a profile yet, so all profiles from now on will be new...
>
> Things I DON'T want to do are:
> 1)set it up in group policy
> 2)Mess with the default user profile.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason Ryon

We had to do it via a login script in our domain. Windows is very keen
on assuming you want printers to be linked to users rather than
machines. If you want to know how we did it in our environment I'd be
happy to explain

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gUnlvbg==?=

      18th May 2005
Thanks Andy, however, I think it would be easiest to just tell the users to
set the default themselves. If there were going to be more users then a
script would be helpful, but I only have a few.

Thanks,
Jason

"andy smart" wrote:

> Jason Ryon wrote:
> > I am wondering if there is an easy way (such as a reg key) to set the default
> > printer on a computer for all users on this computer. No users have created
> > a profile yet, so all profiles from now on will be new...
> >
> > Things I DON'T want to do are:
> > 1)set it up in group policy
> > 2)Mess with the default user profile.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jason Ryon

> We had to do it via a login script in our domain. Windows is very keen
> on assuming you want printers to be linked to users rather than
> machines. If you want to know how we did it in our environment I'd be
> happy to explain

andy smart

      18th May 2005
Jason Ryon wrote:
> Thanks Andy, however, I think it would be easiest to just tell the users to
> set the default themselves. If there were going to be more users then a
> script would be helpful, but I only have a few.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
>
> "andy smart" wrote:
>

>>Jason Ryon wrote:
>>
>>>I am wondering if there is an easy way (such as a reg key) to set the default
>>>printer on a computer for all users on this computer. No users have created
>>>a profile yet, so all profiles from now on will be new...
>>>
>>>Things I DON'T want to do are:
>>>1)set it up in group policy
>>>2)Mess with the default user profile.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Jason Ryon

>>We had to do it via a login script in our domain. Windows is very keen
>>on assuming you want printers to be linked to users rather than
>>machines. If you want to know how we did it in our environment I'd be
>>happy to explain

Lucky YOu
I have 1240, all under the age of 16......