service pk 2

=?Utf-8?B?bHVrYXdh?=

      21st Apr 2005
hi members,
i have a quest5ion altho im not sure this is the right group,since iv
upgraded to sp2 on some internet pages especially "e-bay" i get "you are not
authorised to view this page" this never used to happen with sp1,so can
anyone help me with this problem if not can anyone recomend a group which
suits this question better.
many thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?dGlpaW0=?=

      21st Apr 2005
firstly,

do you have a firewall?

secondly what does in internet explorer, tools -> internet options, security
tab say. what level of security your on.

Also under the same section you could add ebay to your "trusted sites" and
see if that works.

"lukawa" wrote:

> hi members,
> i have a quest5ion altho im not sure this is the right group,since iv
> upgraded to sp2 on some internet pages especially "e-bay" i get "you are not
> authorised to view this page" this never used to happen with sp1,so can
> anyone help me with this problem if not can anyone recomend a group which
> suits this question better.
> many thanks,

Kerry Brown

      21st Apr 2005
"lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi members,
> i have a quest5ion altho im not sure this is the right group,since iv
> upgraded to sp2 on some internet pages especially "e-bay" i get "you are
> not
> authorised to view this page" this never used to happen with sp1,so can
> anyone help me with this problem if not can anyone recomend a group which
> suits this question better.
> many thanks,

Does this happen when viewing an auction listing? Although eBay doesn't
allow scripting I have seen listings that get around this. I have actually
seen listings that tried to install spyware. They were pulled by eBay very
quickly but were live for a while. Some listings don't display properly in
Firefox and other non MS browsers so they are obviously using non-standard
html. What other websites are you having problems with? Please don't post
the actual url as they may be malware sites. Add some spaces or something so
no one can click through your post. I suspect the problem is with your
security settings but changing them to view certain listings or sites may
open your computer to malware.

Kerry

=?Utf-8?B?bHVrYXdh?=

      22nd Apr 2005
hi tim yea i have a firewall "zone Alarm" the setting are on custom,ill try
the trusted site.

"tiiim" wrote:

> firstly,
>
> do you have a firewall?
>
> secondly what does in internet explorer, tools -> internet options, security
> tab say. what level of security your on.
>
> Also under the same section you could add ebay to your "trusted sites" and
> see if that works.
>
> "lukawa" wrote:
>
> > hi members,
> > i have a quest5ion altho im not sure this is the right group,since iv
> > upgraded to sp2 on some internet pages especially "e-bay" i get "you are not
> > authorised to view this page" this never used to happen with sp1,so can
> > anyone help me with this problem if not can anyone recomend a group which
> > suits this question better.
> > many thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?bHVrYXdh?=

      22nd Apr 2005
hi kerry,on this pc it just seems to be on e-bay and it happens on every page
everywhere thres a free space on the page,im relying on zone alarm and mcAfee
as my protection against mailware ect:,,,,,,,,the thing that boggles me is it
was fine untill i sp2 was installed im sure sp2 has changed some settings
just dont no where.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi members,
> > i have a quest5ion altho im not sure this is the right group,since iv
> > upgraded to sp2 on some internet pages especially "e-bay" i get "you are
> > not
> > authorised to view this page" this never used to happen with sp1,so can
> > anyone help me with this problem if not can anyone recomend a group which
> > suits this question better.
> > many thanks,
> >

> Does this happen when viewing an auction listing? Although eBay doesn't
> allow scripting I have seen listings that get around this. I have actually
> seen listings that tried to install spyware. They were pulled by eBay very
> quickly but were live for a while. Some listings don't display properly in
> Firefox and other non MS browsers so they are obviously using non-standard
> html. What other websites are you having problems with? Please don't post
> the actual url as they may be malware sites. Add some spaces or something so
> no one can click through your post. I suspect the problem is with your
> security settings but changing them to view certain listings or sites may
> open your computer to malware.
>
> Kerry

Kerry Brown

      22nd Apr 2005
"lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi kerry,on this pc it just seems to be on e-bay and it happens on every
> page
> everywhere thres a free space on the page,im relying on zone alarm and
> mcAfee
> as my protection against mailware ect:,,,,,,,,the thing that boggles me is
> it
> was fine untill i sp2 was installed im sure sp2 has changed some settings
> just dont no where.

Zone Alarm and McAfee don't find or remove spyware. You should download and
install at least two of the following. Adaware SE, Spybot Search and
Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware. Make sure they have the latest updates and
do a full system scan in safe mode. See the following link for more details.

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > hi members,
>> > i have a quest5ion altho im not sure this is the right group,since iv
>> > upgraded to sp2 on some internet pages especially "e-bay" i get "you
>> > are
>> > not
>> > authorised to view this page" this never used to happen with sp1,so
>> > can
>> > anyone help me with this problem if not can anyone recomend a group
>> > which
>> > suits this question better.
>> > many thanks,
>> >

>> Does this happen when viewing an auction listing? Although eBay doesn't
>> allow scripting I have seen listings that get around this. I have
>> actually
>> seen listings that tried to install spyware. They were pulled by eBay
>> very
>> quickly but were live for a while. Some listings don't display properly
>> in
>> Firefox and other non MS browsers so they are obviously using
>> non-standard
>> html. What other websites are you having problems with? Please don't post
>> the actual url as they may be malware sites. Add some spaces or something
>> so
>> no one can click through your post. I suspect the problem is with your
>> security settings but changing them to view certain listings or sites may
>> open your computer to malware.
>>
>> Kerry

=?Utf-8?B?bHVrYXdh?=

      22nd Apr 2005
Good point kerry I do have adaware in my set up programs but havnt run it yet
as iv not long re-built this pc ill try it now and let you know,

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi kerry,on this pc it just seems to be on e-bay and it happens on every
> > page
> > everywhere thres a free space on the page,im relying on zone alarm and
> > mcAfee
> > as my protection against mailware ect:,,,,,,,,the thing that boggles me is
> > it
> > was fine untill i sp2 was installed im sure sp2 has changed some settings
> > just dont no where.
> >

> Zone Alarm and McAfee don't find or remove spyware. You should download and
> install at least two of the following. Adaware SE, Spybot Search and
> Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware. Make sure they have the latest updates and
> do a full system scan in safe mode. See the following link for more details.
>
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> Kerry
>

> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> >

> >> Does this happen when viewing an auction listing? Although eBay doesn't
> >> allow scripting I have seen listings that get around this. I have
> >> actually
> >> seen listings that tried to install spyware. They were pulled by eBay
> >> very
> >> quickly but were live for a while. Some listings don't display properly
> >> in
> >> Firefox and other non MS browsers so they are obviously using
> >> non-standard
> >> html. What other websites are you having problems with? Please don't post
> >> the actual url as they may be malware sites. Add some spaces or something
> >> so
> >> no one can click through your post. I suspect the problem is with your
> >> security settings but changing them to view certain listings or sites may
> >> open your computer to malware.
> >>
> >> Kerry

=?Utf-8?B?bHVrYXdh?=

      22nd Apr 2005
Well no luck there either,ill look up the error and post this in IE.This is
what it says,
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try
to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may
be listed on the 127.0.0.1:1028 home page.
You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

"lukawa" wrote:

> Good point kerry I do have adaware in my set up programs but havnt run it yet
> as iv not long re-built this pc ill try it now and let you know,
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
> > "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hi kerry,on this pc it just seems to be on e-bay and it happens on every
> > > page
> > > everywhere thres a free space on the page,im relying on zone alarm and
> > > mcAfee
> > > as my protection against mailware ect:,,,,,,,,the thing that boggles me is
> > > it
> > > was fine untill i sp2 was installed im sure sp2 has changed some settings
> > > just dont no where.
> > >

> > Zone Alarm and McAfee don't find or remove spyware. You should download and
> > install at least two of the following. Adaware SE, Spybot Search and
> > Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware. Make sure they have the latest updates and
> > do a full system scan in safe mode. See the following link for more details.
> >
> > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >
> > Kerry

Kerry Brown

      22nd Apr 2005
"lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well no luck there either,ill look up the error and post this in IE.This
> is
> what it says,
> You are not authorized to view this page
> You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
> credentials you supplied.
> If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
> try
> to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that
> may
> be listed on the 127.0.0.1:1028 home page.
> You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.
> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
> Internet Explorer

This is probably a Zone Alarm problem. 127.0.0.1:1028 is used by Zone Alarm
for the privacy settings. Reset Zone Alarm to all the defaults and try
again. Adding eBay as a trusted site probably won't work as the html in the
listings may be calling a different site for picture hosting etc.

Kerry

> "lukawa" wrote:
>
>> Good point kerry I do have adaware in my set up programs but havnt run it
>> yet
>> as iv not long re-built this pc ill try it now and let you know,
>>
>> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>>
>> > "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > >

>> > Zone Alarm and McAfee don't find or remove spyware. You should download
>> > and
>> > install at least two of the following. Adaware SE, Spybot Search and
>> > Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware. Make sure they have the latest updates
>> > and
>> > do a full system scan in safe mode. See the following link for more
>> > details.
>> >
>> > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>> >
>> > Kerry

=?Utf-8?B?bHVrYXdh?=

      27th Apr 2005

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "lukawa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well no luck there either,ill look up the error and post this in IE.This
> > is
> > what it says,
> > You are not authorized to view this page
> > You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
> > credentials you supplied.
> > If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
> > try
> > to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that
> > may
> > be listed on the 127.0.0.1:1028 home page.
> > You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.
> > HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
> > Internet Explorer
> >

> This is probably a Zone Alarm problem. 127.0.0.1:1028 is used by Zone Alarm
> for the privacy settings. Reset Zone Alarm to all the defaults and try
> again. Adding eBay as a trusted site probably won't work as the html in the
> listings may be calling a different site for picture hosting etc.
>
> Kerry

Hi Kerry,
your right it is a zone alarm problem as the problem goes when i switch off
zone alarm (top marks there),
Its stopping the pics and adds comeing through,iv switched changed some of
the privicy settings but only seems to work when i disable it completly?,iv
just got in from work so ill mess around with it 2mo,need some shut eye.
Thanks for your help and sticking with the post,