SERVICE PACK 1 INSTALL

Toyman

      28th Oct 2008
Microsoft offered the Vista SP1 update to me via Automatic Updates a few
weeks ago. After reading posts about other folks difficulties with it, I
opted to wait. However, I'd like to give it a shot now. Is the install
still difficult, or has it been 'fixed'?

I recall one (or more) of the MSVP's referring to a link to 'ease the pain'
of the update. Problem is, I no longer see it. Can someone direct me to a
link(s) and/or provide other information to make the install relatively
uneventful?

I need to put it on two machines, one using Vista Office, the other
Ultimate.

Thanks.

Toyman

Malke

      28th Oct 2008
Toyman wrote:

> Microsoft offered the Vista SP1 update to me via Automatic Updates a few
> weeks ago. After reading posts about other folks difficulties with it, I
> opted to wait. However, I'd like to give it a shot now. Is the install
> still difficult, or has it been 'fixed'?
>
> I recall one (or more) of the MSVP's referring to a link to 'ease the
> pain'
> of the update. Problem is, I no longer see it. Can someone direct me to
> a link(s) and/or provide other information to make the install relatively
> uneventful?
>
> I need to put it on two machines, one using Vista Office, the other
> Ultimate.

I've done numerous SP1 updates for clients (and one for myself) and have had
zero problems. Of course, success always depends on having a machine in
tip-top shape, completely virus/malware-free, and all data backed up Just
In Case.

Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (MS site) -
http://tinyurl.com/2rvqk5

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages) - Unlimited installation and
compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18, 2009 (MS
site)
http://tinyurl.com/2hlmzv

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Support -
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../cc295800.aspx

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Toyman

      5th Dec 2008
Thanks for the input. I reviewed the links you included, updated a couple
of drivers, deactivated Avast, and ran the install on the laptop. All went
well. The desktop needs more preparation, but I'll get there.

Toyman

"Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...