Service Event not triggered

Saqib Saleem

      28th Jul 2008
Hi,

I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
(Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.

The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp but
when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does not
fire the OnSessionChange event.

Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces are
used in it:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.ServiceProcess;
using System.Text;
using System.IO;
using System.Xml;

crus

      28th Jul 2008
Hi Saquib,
I suggest you to check what happens, using Process Monitor from
Sysinternals.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...PHPSESSID=d926
This tool 'll catch events and show errors in calling missing functions.
Regards
Raffaele

"Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
> (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.
>
> The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp but
> when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does
> not
> fire the OnSessionChange event.
>
> Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces are
> used in it:
>
> using System;
> using System.Collections.Generic;
> using System.ComponentModel;
> using System.Data;
> using System.Diagnostics;
> using System.ServiceProcess;
> using System.Text;
> using System.IO;
> using System.Xml;

Sean Liming \(MVP\)

      28th Jul 2008

Do you know if .NET Framework is installed? Which version of .NET Framework
is the application based on?

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
"Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
> (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.
>
> The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp but
> when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does
> not
> fire the OnSessionChange event.
>
> Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces are
> used in it:
>
> using System;
> using System.Collections.Generic;
> using System.ComponentModel;
> using System.Data;
> using System.Diagnostics;
> using System.ServiceProcess;
> using System.Text;
> using System.IO;
> using System.Xml;

Saqib Saleem

      29th Jul 2008
Where ? on Embedded XP system !

I'm using .Net 2005 Framework 2.0.

waiting for reply

"Sean Liming (MVP)" wrote:

> Do you know if .NET Framework is installed? Which version of .NET Framework
> is the application based on?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Sean Liming
> www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
> Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
> "Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
> > (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.
> >
> > The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp but
> > when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does
> > not
> > fire the OnSessionChange event.
> >
> > Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces are
> > used in it:
> >
> > using System;
> > using System.Collections.Generic;
> > using System.ComponentModel;
> > using System.Data;
> > using System.Diagnostics;
> > using System.ServiceProcess;
> > using System.Text;
> > using System.IO;
> > using System.Xml;

Saqib Saleem

      29th Jul 2008
Thanks for the reply.

But there is no Visual Studio installed on Embedded XP system, just the
required components for the applications.

waiting ...

regards

"crus" wrote:

> Hi Saquib,
> I suggest you to check what happens, using Process Monitor from
> Sysinternals.
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...PHPSESSID=d926
> This tool 'll catch events and show errors in calling missing functions.
> Regards
> Raffaele
>
> "Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
> > (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.
> >
> > The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp but
> > when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does
> > not
> > fire the OnSessionChange event.
> >
> > Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces are
> > used in it:
> >
> > using System;
> > using System.Collections.Generic;
> > using System.ComponentModel;
> > using System.Data;
> > using System.Diagnostics;
> > using System.ServiceProcess;
> > using System.Text;
> > using System.IO;
> > using System.Xml;

crus

      29th Jul 2008
Process Monitor don't needs VS, it's a stand alone utility.
Raffaele

"Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> But there is no Visual Studio installed on Embedded XP system, just the
> required components for the applications.
>
> waiting ...
>
> regards
>

> "crus" wrote:
>
>> Hi Saquib,
>> I suggest you to check what happens, using Process Monitor from
>> Sysinternals.
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...PHPSESSID=d926
>> This tool 'll catch events and show errors in calling missing functions.
>> Regards
>> Raffaele
>>
>> "Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
>> > (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.
>> >
>> > The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp
>> > but
>> > when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does
>> > not
>> > fire the OnSessionChange event.
>> >
>> > Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces
>> > are
>> > used in it:
>> >
>> > using System;
>> > using System.Collections.Generic;
>> > using System.ComponentModel;
>> > using System.Data;
>> > using System.Diagnostics;
>> > using System.ServiceProcess;
>> > using System.Text;
>> > using System.IO;
>> > using System.Xml;

JS

      30th Jul 2008
Since this is a terminal services function, make sure you have wtsapi32.dll
on your xp embedded system.

"Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where ? on Embedded XP system !
>
> I'm using .Net 2005 Framework 2.0.
>
> waiting for reply
>

> "Sean Liming (MVP)" wrote:
>

>> Do you know if .NET Framework is installed? Which version of .NET
>> Framework
>> is the application based on?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sean Liming
>> www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
>> Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
>> "Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have developed a windows service that catches the Login, LogOff, Lock
>> > (Ctrl+Alt+Del), Restart/ Cold boot events and write in a log file.
>> >
>> > The service executes perfectly on on normal desktop pc with windows xp
>> > but
>> > when it is executed on a tough book with Embedded Xp installed, it does
>> > not
>> > fire the OnSessionChange event.
>> >
>> > Can anybody tell that what is missing in between. Following namespaces
>> > are
>> > used in it:
>> >
>> > using System;
>> > using System.Collections.Generic;
>> > using System.ComponentModel;
>> > using System.Data;
>> > using System.Diagnostics;
>> > using System.ServiceProcess;
>> > using System.Text;
>> > using System.IO;
>> > using System.Xml;

Saqib Saleem

      31st Jul 2008
Hi

wtsapi32.dll file is placed in \Windows\System32

what else could it be becaus its still not working

Regards
Saqib

"JS" wrote:

> Since this is a terminal services function, make sure you have wtsapi32.dll
> on your xp embedded system.
>

> "Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Where ? on Embedded XP system !
> >
> > I'm using .Net 2005 Framework 2.0.
> >
> > waiting for reply
> >

> > "Sean Liming (MVP)" wrote:
> >

> >> Do you know if .NET Framework is installed? Which version of .NET
> >> Framework
> >> is the application based on?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Sean Liming
> >> www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
> >> Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
> >> "Saqib Saleem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

JS

      6th Aug 2008
From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms933127.aspx

To add Terminal Services to your configuration

In Target Designer, add the Terminal Services macro component to your
configuration.
- or -

Add the following components to your configuration:

Terminal Server Remote Desktop
Terminal Services Core Management Tools
Terminal Services Web Control Extension
Terminal Services WMI Provider
The default settings of these components do not need to be changed.

Add the Windows Logon (Standard) component to your configuration.
Note Terminal Services require the authentication features included in
Windows Standard Logon, and therefore do not work with the Minlogon
component.