Server Replacement

KenP

      30th Jun 2008
I hope I am in right section.

I just replaced Windows 2000 server with a new Windows 2003 server. All
applications, users, etc. is set up on the new server. Now I want to use the
old Win 2K server as a work station. Is there anything special I would need
to prevent problems with the two Win 2K units on the network? Network is in
Workgroup config. Should I load XP over Win 2K or ??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
KenP

Danny Sanders

      30th Jun 2008
You might as well load XP on the box and use that. You don't really gain
anything by using a server as a workstation other than wasting a server
license.

hth
DDS

"KenP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hope I am in right section.
>
> I just replaced Windows 2000 server with a new Windows 2003 server. All
> applications, users, etc. is set up on the new server. Now I want to use
> the
> old Win 2K server as a work station. Is there anything special I would
> need
> to prevent problems with the two Win 2K units on the network? Network is
> in
> Workgroup config. Should I load XP over Win 2K or ??
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> KenP

f/fgeorge

      1st Jul 2008
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:54:01 -0700, KenP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I hope I am in right section.
>
>I just replaced Windows 2000 server with a new Windows 2003 server. All
>applications, users, etc. is set up on the new server. Now I want to use the
>old Win 2K server as a work station. Is there anything special I would need
>to prevent problems with the two Win 2K units on the network? Network is in
>Workgroup config. Should I load XP over Win 2K or ??
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>KenP

You COULD have problems if the two Servers try to do the same thing
differently. If it makes no difference to you, you could load XP ORRR
dual a dual boot so you could always go back to the old server if you
ever had to.