Server is not operational

drew

      3rd Jul 2003
Hello

I have a member server which I joined to the domain.
installed the admin pack and try to get to ADUC.
Sometimes I can get into and see everything fine but it
then semms to time out and I get a error:

windows cannot connect to the domain:
the server is not operational

Any ideas? Dns checks out to the best of my knowledge.

Matjaz Ladava

      3rd Jul 2003
Most likely a DNS issue. Can you check your DNS configuration and check,
that your server/client are using your internal DNS server as DNS server
(not ISP's). Also run dcdiag and netdiag to get extended status report.

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000)
(E-Mail Removed)
http://ladava.com

news:4fc801c34171$3c303cd0$(E-Mail Removed)...