"Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".

macca

      21st Jun 2008
FP 2003 working fine up 'til a week ago. Regularly updated site. Then, i got
this : "Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".

Every time Ive tried to update site, since then, I get same error.

I have informed hosting company (velnet). They say they have reinstallled FP
extensions. But, the error is still there.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks in anticipation

Ronx

      22nd Jun 2008
It's either a permissions problem on the server, or you have run out of
free space on the server.
To fix the permissions ask your host to run a Server Health Check on the
extensions. This is not the same as re-installing them.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"macca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> FP 2003 working fine up 'til a week ago. Regularly updated site. Then, i got
> this : "Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".
>
> Every time Ive tried to update site, since then, I get same error.
>
> I have informed hosting company (velnet). They say they have reinstallled FP
> extensions. But, the error is still there.
>
> Can anyone help, please? Thanks in anticipation

New Member

      27th Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronx View Post
It's either a permissions problem on the server, or you have run out of
free space on the server.
To fix the permissions ask your host to run a Server Health Check on the
extensions. This is not the same as re-installing them.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"macca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> FP 2003 working fine up 'til a week ago. Regularly updated site. Then, i got
> this : "Server error: Cannot create folder "_vti_cnf".
>
> Every time Ive tried to update site, since then, I get same error.
>
> I have informed hosting company (velnet). They say they have reinstallled FP
> extensions. But, the error is still there.
>
> Can anyone help, please? Thanks in anticipation
you are awesome . . i ran out of space