Sent Items Folder Hidden

Tony G.

      11th Dec 2009
I have an exchange mailbox that the sent items folder seems to be hidden.
When using Ctrl+Y and typing in Sent Items you can access the folder, but
there is no link to the folder anywhere. This is true when connecting from
Outlook 2003 or 2007. I have tried opening outlook with the /resetfolders
flag, but not much else. I'm trying to avoid deleting the mailbox and
recreating it.

Roady [MVP]

      11th Dec 2009
Does it show in OWA?
Does it show when disabling Cached Exchange Mode?

The resetfolder switch usually should do the trick. Make sure Outlook is
fully closed before running that switch.
If that doesn't work, have your mail admin take a closer look at the mailbox
with MFCMAPI.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an exchange mailbox that the sent items folder seems to be hidden.
> When using Ctrl+Y and typing in Sent Items you can access the folder, but
> there is no link to the folder anywhere. This is true when connecting from
> Outlook 2003 or 2007. I have tried opening outlook with the /resetfolders
> flag, but not much else. I'm trying to avoid deleting the mailbox and
> recreating it.

Tony G.

      11th Dec 2009
OWA does not show sent mail folder.
Cached mode disabled, still no sent mail.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Does it show in OWA?
> Does it show when disabling Cached Exchange Mode?
>
> The resetfolder switch usually should do the trick. Make sure Outlook is
> fully closed before running that switch.
> If that doesn't work, have your mail admin take a closer look at the mailbox
> with MFCMAPI.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have an exchange mailbox that the sent items folder seems to be hidden.
> > When using Ctrl+Y and typing in Sent Items you can access the folder, but
> > there is no link to the folder anywhere. This is true when connecting from
> > Outlook 2003 or 2007. I have tried opening outlook with the /resetfolders
> > flag, but not much else. I'm trying to avoid deleting the mailbox and
> > recreating it.

> .

Roady [MVP]

      12th Dec 2009
Note that the CTRL+Y dialog only lists folder names that have been used
before. If you actually type that name, can you access the folder?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OWA does not show sent mail folder.
> Cached mode disabled, still no sent mail.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Does it show in OWA?
>> Does it show when disabling Cached Exchange Mode?
>>
>> The resetfolder switch usually should do the trick. Make sure Outlook is
>> fully closed before running that switch.
>> If that doesn't work, have your mail admin take a closer look at the
>> mailbox
>> with MFCMAPI.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I have an exchange mailbox that the sent items folder seems to be
>> > hidden.
>> > When using Ctrl+Y and typing in Sent Items you can access the folder,
>> > but
>> > there is no link to the folder anywhere. This is true when connecting
>> > from
>> > Outlook 2003 or 2007. I have tried opening outlook with the
>> > /resetfolders
>> > flag, but not much else. I'm trying to avoid deleting the mailbox and
>> > recreating it.

>> .

Tony G.

      14th Dec 2009
Yes, typing in "Sent Items" in the Ctrl-Y dialog does open the sent items
folder.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Note that the CTRL+Y dialog only lists folder names that have been used
> before. If you actually type that name, can you access the folder?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > OWA does not show sent mail folder.
> > Cached mode disabled, still no sent mail.
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Does it show in OWA?
> >> Does it show when disabling Cached Exchange Mode?
> >>
> >> The resetfolder switch usually should do the trick. Make sure Outlook is
> >> fully closed before running that switch.
> >> If that doesn't work, have your mail admin take a closer look at the
> >> mailbox
> >> with MFCMAPI.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> >> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> >>
> >> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> >> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> >>
> >> -----
> >>
> >> "Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> .
> >>

> .

Casey T

      21st Jan 2010
I'm actually seeing the exact same issue. Sent items folder has dissappeared
from Outlook 2003/2007 (in online mode) and OWA.

If I do a Ctrl + Y and enter "Sent Items", I get into Sent Items folder and
see all the mail the user sent.

It's almost like a hidden attribute is on this folder. The Outlook
switches haven't done the trick either (like /resetfolders).

I'm going to compare a few sent items folders with MFCMAPI to see if I can
find a difference.

"Tony G." wrote:

> Yes, typing in "Sent Items" in the Ctrl-Y dialog does open the sent items
> folder.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Note that the CTRL+Y dialog only lists folder names that have been used
> > before. If you actually type that name, can you access the folder?
> >
> > --
> > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> > Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> >
> > http://www.msoutlook.info/
> > Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> >
> > -----
> >
> > "Tony G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > OWA does not show sent mail folder.
> > > Cached mode disabled, still no sent mail.

> > .

Casey T

      21st Jan 2010
I've actually fixed this by using MFCMapi ... and navigating to the Sent
Items folder. There is an attribute PR_Attr_Hidden,
PidTagAttributeHidden,ptagAttrHidden which was set to True. After setting
this to False, the folder showed up in OWA and Outlook. Not sure how this
got changed, but, this fixes it!