SENDKEYS Syntax

John Wiedemann

      22nd Sep 2003
With 2000 I can not find the help for sending commands,
like Alt-D, or Ctrl-C. Where can I find the syntax?

Larry

      23rd Sep 2003

about mid way through the help text you will see
sendkeys statement with sendkeys colored. Click on it

Tara Brasher

      24th Sep 2003

Alt-D = %D

Ctrl-C = ^C

Pasted from Access Help:
BACKSPACE = {BACKSPACE}, {BS}, or {BKSP}
BREAK = {BREAK}
CAPS LOCK = {CAPSLOCK}
DEL or DELETE = {DELETE} or {DEL}
DOWN ARROW = {DOWN}
END = {END}
ENTER = {ENTER}or ~
ESC = {ESC}
HELP = {HELP}
HOME = {HOME}
INS or INSERT = {INSERT} or {INS}
LEFT ARROW = {LEFT}
NUM LOCK = {NUMLOCK}
PAGE DOWN = {PGDN}
PAGE UP = {PGUP}
PRINT SCREEN = {PRTSC}
RIGHT ARROW = {RIGHT}
SCROLL LOCK = {SCROLLLOCK}
TAB = {TAB}
UP ARROW = {UP}
F1 = {F1}
F2 = {F2}
F3 = {F3}
F4 = {F4}
F5 = {F5}
F6 = {F6}
F7 = {F7}
F8 = {F8}
F9 = {F9}
F1 =
F10 = {F10}
F11 = {F11}
F12 = {F12}
F13 = {F13}
F14 = {F14}
F15 = {F15}
F16 = {F16}

To specify keys combined with any combination of the
SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT keys, precede the key code with one
or more of the following codes:

SHIFT = +
CTRL = ^
ALT = %

To specify that any combination of SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT
should be held down while several other keys are pressed,
enclose the code for those keys in parentheses. For
example, to specify to hold down SHIFT while E and C are
pressed, use "+(EC)". To specify to hold down SHIFT while
E is pressed, followed by C without SHIFT, use "+EC".

Steve Schapel

      25th Sep 2003
John,

Please note that SendKeys is generally regarded as a non-robust
method, subject to a number of problems. Most people experienced with
Access now studiously avoid using it. There is nearly always another
way of achieving the same purpose.

- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:44:11 -0700, "Tara Brasher"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]

Hafeez Esmail

      16th Oct 2003
Hi Steve,

I'm trying to send emails from Access through Outlook
using the DoCmd.SendObject method, however when this part
of the code runs, an Outlook new mail window opens up
(with everyting I specified in the code shows up correctly
in the new window) and all I have to do is click Send (or
Ctrl+Enter).

I want this to be fully automated so I tried using the
SendKeys method but that doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Hafeez Esmail

Steve Schapel

      16th Oct 2003
Hafeez,

Check that the Edit Message argument of the SendObject is set to
False.

- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP