Sending to everyone in my contact list

=?Utf-8?B?V2FsbGZsb3dlcg==?=

      1st Apr 2004
Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my contact list? I want to tell everyone that I changed my phone number, but don't want to individually add each and every one to my "To" line. There must be a way to send to the whole list in one shot

Also, how do I make it so that everyone's email addresses are hidden (i.e. how do I get "Undisclosed Receipient" to appear in the "To" line rather than each and every one's email addresses I send to)

I appreciate any help.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      1st Apr 2004
Here's one way: Select all contacts in your contacts folder. Choose Actions
| New Message to Contact. Cut and paste all addresses from To to Bcc.

Another way: Create a new message. Click To. Select all addresses from your
Contacts list as Bcc recipients.

A third way: Select all contacts in the contacts folder. Choose Tools | Mail
Merge and follow the prompts to create a mail merge to email with Word.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Wallflower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my

contact list? I want to tell everyone that I changed my phone number, but
don't want to individually add each and every one to my "To" line. There
must be a way to send to the whole list in one shot.

> Also, how do I make it so that everyone's email addresses are hidden (i.e.

how do I get "Undisclosed Receipient" to appear in the "To" line rather than
each and every one's email addresses I send to)?

> I appreciate any help.

D@annyBoy

      1st Apr 2004
put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via BCC

"Wallflower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my

contact list? I want to tell everyone that I changed my phone number, but
don't want to individually add each and every one to my "To" line. There
must be a way to send to the whole list in one shot.

> Also, how do I make it so that everyone's email addresses are hidden (i.e.

how do I get "Undisclosed Receipient" to appear in the "To" line rather than
each and every one's email addresses I send to)?

> I appreciate any help.

BRTurner

      1st Apr 2004
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via BCC
>

>"Wallflower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my

>contact list?

[snip]

Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to open email
contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to end, hold
shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's what he
wants.
Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few out; this
with just under 400 contacts.
How long to build a dist list?
HTH

D@annyBoy

      1st Apr 2004

"BRTurner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via

BCC

> >"Wallflower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Can any one walk me through how to send a mass email to everyone on my

> >contact list?

> [snip]
>
> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

open email
> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to

end, hold
> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's

what he
> wants.
> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few

out; this
> with just under 400 contacts.
> How long to build a dist list?
> HTH

about the same time it takes for your suggestion

BRTurner

      2nd Apr 2004
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:03:15 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"BRTurner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via

>BCC
>> >

>> >"Wallflower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >contact list?

>> [snip]
>>
>> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

>open email
>> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to

>end, hold
>> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's

>what he
>> wants.
>> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few

>out; this
>> with just under 400 contacts.
>> How long to build a dist list?
>> HTH
>>

>about the same time it takes for your suggestion

BS...or you have 2 contacts.

BRTurner

      2nd Apr 2004
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:03:15 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"BRTurner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:48:37 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >put all your contacts in a distribution list and send your message via

>BCC
>> >

>> >"Wallflower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >contact list?

>> [snip]
>>
>> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

>open email
>> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll to

>end, hold
>> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if that's

>what he
>> wants.
>> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a few

>out; this
>> with just under 400 contacts.
>> How long to build a dist list?
>> HTH
>>

>about the same time it takes for your suggestion

I wrote "BS...or you have 2 contacts."

I apologize; your correct:

"about the same time it takes for your suggestion"

Sorry!

D@annyBoy

      2nd Apr 2004

"BRTurner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:03:15 +0700, "D@annyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"BRTurner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news(E-Mail Removed)...

> >BCC

my

> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> Seems like too much work to me. How about new message, click on "To" to

> >open email
> >> contact list. Highlight them all (click on first to highlight, scroll

> >end, hold
> >> shift and click last) then click to add to "To" field or "bcc" if

that's
> >what he
> >> wants.
> >> Just tried it out; took under a min, including time it took to edit a

few
> >out; this
> >> with just under 400 contacts.
> >> How long to build a dist list?
> >> HTH
> >>

> >about the same time it takes for your suggestion

> I wrote "BS...or you have 2 contacts."
>
> I apologize; your correct:
>
> "about the same time it takes for your suggestion"
>
> Sorry!

no problem :-)