"send page" and "send link" stop working in explorer and outlook 2003

poopy sanchez tomato

      27th Jan 2004
I have microsoft windows xp home, explorer 6 and outlook 2003.

I have noticed that I have the quite common problem of "send page" and "send
link" not working. The first time after a reboot this works. However the
second time i do it, I get a pop up saying "micrsoft office outlook
operation failed". This is because there is a zombie outlook process
outlook.exe hanging around from the first time i did "send link". Until I
manually kill the zombie outlook process in task manager, send link and send
page do not work.

Yes, my program defaults are right. Yes I have my email accoutns sent to
send and receive only when I am online. There should be no reason for the
killer outlook zombie.

How do I sop it? How do i do "send link" more than once? Does anyone at
microsoft actually use the internet?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      27th Jan 2004
you could leave outlook open, since it doesn't actually send messages if it's
not open... short of that, do you have a pda sync program or other addin that
uses outlook's data?

poopy sanchez tomato wrote:

> I have microsoft windows xp home, explorer 6 and outlook 2003.
>
> I have noticed that I have the quite common problem of "send page" and "send
> link" not working. The first time after a reboot this works. However the
> second time i do it, I get a pop up saying "micrsoft office outlook
> operation failed". This is because there is a zombie outlook process
> outlook.exe hanging around from the first time i did "send link". Until I
> manually kill the zombie outlook process in task manager, send link and send
> page do not work.
>
> Yes, my program defaults are right. Yes I have my email accoutns sent to
> send and receive only when I am online. There should be no reason for the
> killer outlook zombie.
>
> How do I sop it? How do i do "send link" more than once? Does anyone at
> microsoft actually use the internet?

      27th Jan 2004
no, no pda program installed or running. Leaving outlook open does not
improve the behaviour - the zombie still gets created after the first send
page/link command. It is something about explorer that makes outlook
zombies.

Just these:

THE ZOMBIE: outlook.exe c:\progra~1\office11\outlook.exe 1316 8 204800
1413120 1/27/2004 4:58 PM 11.0.5510 191.55 KB (196,152 bytes) 7/14/2003
11:45 PM

acrord32.exe c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\reader\acrord32.exe
csrss.exe Not Available
ctfmon.exe c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
explorer.exe c:\windows\explorer.exe
helpctr.exe c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe
helpsvc.exe c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe
iexplore.exe c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
iexplore.exe c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
iexplore.exe c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
lsass.exe c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe
mdm.exe c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\vs7debug\mdm.exe
msimn.exe c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe
nkvmon.exe c:\program files\nikon\nkview6\nkvmon.exe
nvsvc32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
services.exe c:\windows\system32\services.exe
smss.exe c:\windows\system32\smss.exe
spoolsv.exe c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
svchost.exe c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
system idle process
taskmgr.exe c:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe
taskswitch.exe c:\windows\system32\taskswitch.exe
winlogon.exe c:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
wmiprvse.exe
ypager.exe c:\progra~1\yahoo!\messen~1\ypager.exe

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> you could leave outlook open, since it doesn't actually send messages if

it's
> not open... short of that, do you have a pda sync program or other addin

that
> uses outlook's data?
>

> poopy sanchez tomato wrote:
>
> > I have microsoft windows xp home, explorer 6 and outlook 2003.
> >
> > I have noticed that I have the quite common problem of "send page" and

"send
> > link" not working. The first time after a reboot this works. However

the
> > second time i do it, I get a pop up saying "micrsoft office outlook
> > operation failed". This is because there is a zombie outlook process
> > outlook.exe hanging around from the first time i did "send link". Until

> > manually kill the zombie outlook process in task manager, send link and

send
> > page do not work.
> >
> > Yes, my program defaults are right. Yes I have my email accoutns sent

> > send and receive only when I am online. There should be no reason for

the
> > killer outlook zombie.
> >
> > How do I stop it? How do i do "send link" more than once? Does anyone at
> > microsoft actually use the internet?

      28th Jan 2004
This was related to the spambayes plugin - I will ask the spambayes group.

"W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> [...]

> "send
> > > link" not working. The first time after a reboot this works. However

> the
> > > second time i do it, I get a pop up saying "micrsoft office outlook
> > > operation failed". This is because there is a zombie outlook process
> > > outlook.exe hanging around from the first time i did "send link".

Until
> > > manually kill the zombie outlook process in task manager, send link

and
> send
> > > page do not work.
> > >
> > > Yes, my program defaults are right. Yes I have my email accoutns sent

> > > send and receive only when I am online. There should be no reason for

> the
> > > killer outlook zombie.
> > >
> > > How do I stop it? How do i do "send link" more than once? Does anyone

SinTex

      28th Jan 2004

make sure in IE tools/options/programs, your mail program is set right.
after that goto start/run, type in "fixmapi.exe" (without quotes) se
if that works.... sounds like a mapi problem... can you go t
word/excel/ppt, and do a file/send to

SinTe

      30th Jan 2004
Just tried that SinTex, no luck Sorry.

Doing the second send in word/excel has the same symptom

news:(E-Mail Removed)...