Send Email Process Causes Word 2007 to Crash

couleecroche

      15th Feb 2009
My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying that
I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the task
manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file as
an email attachment? Thanks.

Beth Melton

      15th Feb 2009
"couleecroche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
> open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
> not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying
> that
> I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the
> task
> manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
> automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
> How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file
> as
> an email attachment? Thanks.

Have you tried repairing your Office installation? In your Control Panel go
to Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option for the Microsoft Office
2007 installation.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

couleecroche

      16th Feb 2009
Thanks for the help, Beth, but, unfortunately, I tried your suggestion and it
didn't work. Any other suggestions?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

> "couleecroche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
> > open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
> > not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying
> > that
> > I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the
> > task
> > manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
> > automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
> > How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file
> > as
> > an email attachment? Thanks.

> Have you tried repairing your Office installation? In your Control Panel go
> to Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option for the Microsoft Office
> 2007 installation.
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Beth Melton
> Microsoft Office MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
> What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs
>
> Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

couleecroche

      16th Feb 2009
I think I have isolated the problem. If I go to Start Menu, select Default
Programs, then select Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, go to Custom,
and select Microsoft Office Outlook, Word launches Outlook and sends the
program normally. However, the setting is lost when I reboot. It goes back
to "Use My Current-Email program" and there is evidently a conflict with
Windows Mail. How to I fix this? Thanks.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

> "couleecroche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My copy of Word 2007 recently crashed. Now, whenever I attempt to send an
> > open Word document by email via Outlook, Word freezes up, and Outlook does
> > not launch. When I attempt to close Word, I get an error message saying
> > that
> > I must wait for Outlook to open--which does not happen until I use the
> > task
> > manager to force Word to close. (Outlook then opens.) Outlook launches
> > automatically when I attempt to send a link by email from my web browser.
> > How do I fix Word to get it to launch Outlook automatically to send a file
> > as
> > an email attachment? Thanks.

> Have you tried repairing your Office installation? In your Control Panel go
> to Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option for the Microsoft Office
> 2007 installation.
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Beth Melton
> Microsoft Office MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
> What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs
>
> Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Beth Melton

      16th Feb 2009
If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have Outlook
set as your default email client?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

couleecroche

      17th Feb 2009
Yes. And I have clicked off enable access to MS Mail. When I do this
manually after booting up, everything works fine, but it does NOT retain the
setting after I reboot.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

> If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have Outlook
> set as your default email client?
>
> "couleecroche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I think I have isolated the problem. If I go to Start Menu, select
> > Programs, then select Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, go to
> > Custom,
> > and select Microsoft Office Outlook, Word launches Outlook and sends the
> > program normally. However, the setting is lost when I reboot. It goes
> > back
> > to "Use My Current-Email program" and there is evidently a conflict with
> > Windows Mail. How to I fix this? Thanks.
> >
> > "Beth Melton" wrote:
> >
> >> "couleecroche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> Have you tried repairing your Office installation? In your Control Panel
> >> go
> >> to Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option for the Microsoft Office
> >> 2007 installation.

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Beth Melton
> Microsoft Office MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
> What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs
>
> Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

couleecroche

      18th Feb 2009
How do I force Outlook to save the changes I've made in selecting it as my
default email program?
"couleecroche" wrote:

> Yes. And I have clicked off enable access to MS Mail. When I do this
> manually after booting up, everything works fine, but it does NOT retain the
> setting after I reboot.
>
> "Beth Melton" wrote:
>
> > If you view your Internet Options on the Programs tab, do you have Outlook
> > set as your default email client?
> >
> > "couleecroche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I think I have isolated the problem. If I go to Start Menu, select
> > > Programs, then select Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, go to
> > > Custom,
> > > and select Microsoft Office Outlook, Word launches Outlook and sends the
> > > program normally. However, the setting is lost when I reboot. It goes
> > > back
> > > to "Use My Current-Email program" and there is evidently a conflict with
> > > Windows Mail. How to I fix this? Thanks.

> > --
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Beth Melton
> > Microsoft Office MVP
> > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
> > What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs
> >
> > Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Beth Melton

      18th Feb 2009
If your settings are being saved after rebooting then that's either a
Windows or IE issue. Unfortunately I don't know about this issue. If it were
happening to me I'd have to ask someone. :-) I hate to send you to another
newsgroup but it sounds like a Windows or IE newsgroup is the place to get
your question for this answered. Here's a link the main newsgroup page which
contains links to other newsgroups:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.