send basic text to webserver

paul f

      17th May 2010
hi all,
i would like to send the following text from GPRS device A wthin the
quotes to below webserver, also would like to capture responce from
server:

initial message from device A sent to web server is "000001 Flow
Level : 0000012"
web server will respond with "#Success" when it sucessfully processes
this message.

URL is: www.abc.com/test.aspx?c=0

paul f

      17th May 2010
On May 17, 3:17*pm, paul f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi all,
> i would like to send the following text from GPRS device A *wthin the
> quotes to below webserver, also would like to capture responce from
> server:
>
> initial message from device A sent to web server is "000001 Flow
> Level : 0000012"
> web server will respond with "#Success" *when it sucessfully processes
> this message.
>
> URL is:www.abc.com/test.aspx?c=0

Just to clarify, I would like to write a c# app that tests the
webserver, call it a device A simulator that will run on my desktop, I
would like to send above text to webserver and read response..

Jeff Johnson

      17th May 2010
"paul f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just to clarify, I would like to write a c# app that tests the
> webserver, call it a device A simulator that will run on my desktop, I
> would like to send above text to webserver and read response..

Unless you need to do lots of programmatic processing of the result, why go
to the trouble of writing a program? Just use Fiddler:
http://www.fiddler2.com

Arne Vajh°j

      18th May 2010
On 17-05-2010 10:17, paul f wrote:
> i would like to send the following text from GPRS device A wthin the
> quotes to below webserver, also would like to capture responce from
> server:
>
> initial message from device A sent to web server is "000001 Flow
> Level : 0000012"
> web server will respond with "#Success" when it sucessfully processes
> this message.
>
> URL is: www.abc.com/test.aspx?c=0

The WebClient and (Http)WebRequest classes has good
support for talking to a web server.

Arne