How to see dbgprint message in WinDbg ?

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
Hello,

WinDbg is connected to Windows 7 RTM x64 Ultimate (running in debug mode).

WinDbg says to press g and enter and so forth.

Now I want to see the dbgprint messages of the netvmini driver ?!?

I tried to enter the following command in WinDbg:

"Break"

and

"!dbgprint"

It showed two blocks or so:

[][]:

And that was it ?!?

Is it possible to make some kind of recording ?

I understand there could be many many many of these messages ?

How do I proceed ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
Ok,

First I am gonna follow this tutorial to setup the pdb files hopefully that
gonna help.

If I need any more help after that tutorial I will let you people know

http://blogs.msdn.com/iliast/archive...tutorials.aspx

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
I added the folder of the driver pdb's... to the symbol path...

Should I also add the folders to the application pdb's to the symbol path ?

For now I will do that too... But I am not sure if that's ok ?

Maybe only driver pdb's should be added ? hmm...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
Also should source be set to the root of "exe" and "sys" folder or just
"sys" folder...

Well I am out of luck...

Some tutorial website doing an update:

"
Welcome to the Code Project
Your place for free C++, C# and .NET articles, code snippets, discussions,
news and the best bunch of developers on the net.
The Code Project is currently getting a hardware upgrade. We will be back
online at 6AM US Eastern Time (11 AM GMT, 10PM Sydney).
"

Maybe I have some tutorial somewhere on my hd... I think I did something
like this before But don't count on it

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
I can vaguely remember a link/document from a few hours ago mentioning some
kind of remote debugger...

Maybe that's necessary ?

Me not sure...

Me going through this powerpoint presentation:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...d3754b2d6/Adv-

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
The WinDbg help has some info...

Right now I am trying:

ed netvmini_Mask 0x8

This seems to do something

It's downloading/loading stuff.

I'll have to stop soon because it's bed time :P*

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
It's pooping out some errors

I hope it's not downloading all this stuff for nothing.

I think these probably drivers it can't find the symbols for...

Looks like some vmware drivers in there

1: kd> ed netvmini_Mask 0x8
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
amdxata.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
vmrawdsk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
spldr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
vmmemctl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
peauth.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
secdrv.SYS
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for
spsys.sys -
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
vmhgfs.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
vmmouse.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for
vmci.sys -
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
vmx_svga.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
vmaudio.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for
drmk.sys -

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
So much for that:

Couldn't resolve error at 'netvmini_Mask 0x8'.

Anybody know the command for debugging netvmini.sys let me know ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.

tsperling

      9th Aug 2009
Sleeping is for amateurs - night time, at least!

(Don't you think perhaps that driver needs to be 'signed'?)

Tony. . .

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:98f61$4a7e3196$d53372a9$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> The WinDbg help has some info...
>
> Right now I am trying:
>
> ed netvmini_Mask 0x8
>
> This seems to do something
>
> It's downloading/loading stuff.
>
> I'll have to stop soon because it's bed time :P*
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

      9th Aug 2009
Ok,

A "so-called-expert" at a web forum mentions "debugview".

This is not an option of WinDbg... nooooo...

This is a special tool available from Microsoft.

And apperently it can capture all the DbgPrint stuff... and that's exactly
what I want for now ?!

And you don't even need to computers for it...

Maybe you don't even need WinDbg for it ?!

Well it's a bit late now... so I will have to try this tomorrow.

I got a stinky finger too and it needs a washing LOL. BAH LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

news:6e806$4a7e322a$d53372a9$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...