Security Update for Windows (KB923723)

Dallas

      19th Feb 2010
hey all,

this update below, has "updated" about 9X in the past 3 days! Why does it
keep doing this or asking me to update it ? And what cane be done about it ?

thanks very much

"Security Update for Windows (KB923723)
A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive
Training application that could allow an attacker to compromise your
Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your
computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this
item, you may have to restart your computer.

Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597
(Definition 1.75.924.0) Thursday, February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
18, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
18, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
18, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
18, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
18, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February
17, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February
17, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February
17, 2010 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February
16, 2010 Automatic Updates

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Dallas

      19th Feb 2010

And here's the topper - it's not even in Add/Remove!

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

"Dallas" <Jagged Edge@StillIStruggle> wrote in message
news:eKrQ8%(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey all,
>
> this update below, has "updated" about 9X in the past 3 days! Why does it
> keep doing this or asking me to update it ? And what cane be done about it
> ?
>
> thanks very much
>
> "Security Update for Windows (KB923723)
> A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive
> Training application that could allow an attacker to compromise your
> Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your
> computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this
> item, you may have to restart your computer.
>

> Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597
> (Definition 1.75.924.0) Thursday, February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
> 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
> 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
> 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
> 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February
> 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February
> 16, 2010 Automatic Updates
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
> regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware
> Blaster, Window Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Dallas

      19th Feb 2010
it actually goes back to the 9th, with several instances of this each day.

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

"Dallas" <Jagged Edge@StillIStruggle> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> And here's the topper - it's not even in Add/Remove!
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
> regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware
> Blaster, Window Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner
>

> "Dallas" <Jagged Edge@StillIStruggle> wrote in message
> news:eKrQ8%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hey all,
>>
>> this update below, has "updated" about 9X in the past 3 days! Why does it
>> keep doing this or asking me to update it ? And what cane be done about
>> it ?
>>
>> thanks very much
>>
>> "Security Update for Windows (KB923723)
>> A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive
>> Training application that could allow an attacker to compromise your
>> Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your
>> computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this
>> item, you may have to restart your computer.
>>

>> Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597
>> (Definition 1.75.924.0) Thursday, February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
>> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
>> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
>> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February
>> 16, 2010 Automatic Updates
>>
>> --
>> Dallas.....
>>
>> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
>> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
>> regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware
>> Blaster, Window Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Peter Foldes

      19th Feb 2010
Go to Windows Update and deselect it

--
Peter

"Dallas" <Jagged Edge@StillIStruggle> wrote in message
news:eKrQ8%(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey all,
>
> this update below, has "updated" about 9X in the past 3 days! Why does it keep
> doing this or asking me to update it ? And what cane be done about it ?
>
> thanks very much
>
> "Security Update for Windows (KB923723)
> A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive Training
> application that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system
> and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this
> update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
> computer.
>

> Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597
> (Definition 1.75.924.0) Thursday, February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February 18,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February 18,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February 18,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February 18,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February 18,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February 17,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February 17,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February 17,
> 2010 Automatic Updates
> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February 16, 2010
> Automatic Updates
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
> Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Dallas

      20th Feb 2010
hi peter - nice to see you & hope you're doing well. me ? not so much as myc
ancer nhas recurred a 4th time now & anolther surgery pending.

thanks fior the help & thought that might do it, but since i had multiples
of it & they were not in add/remove, i thought it best to check with the
best.

thanks again peter & be well.

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

"Peter Foldes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Go to Windows Update and deselect it
>
> --
> Peter

> "Dallas" <Jagged Edge@StillIStruggle> wrote in message
> news:eKrQ8%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hey all,
>>
>> this update below, has "updated" about 9X in the past 3 days! Why does it
>> keep doing this or asking me to update it ? And what cane be done about
>> it ?
>>
>> thanks very much
>>
>> "Security Update for Windows (KB923723)
>> A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive
>> Training application that could allow an attacker to compromise your
>> Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your
>> computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this
>> item, you may have to restart your computer.
>>

>> Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597
>> (Definition 1.75.924.0) Thursday, February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday,
>> February 18, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
>> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
>> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday,
>> February 17, 2010 Automatic Updates
>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February
>> 16, 2010 Automatic Updates
>>
>> --
>> Dallas.....
>>
>> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
>> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
>> regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware
>> Blaster, Window Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Peter Foldes

      20th Feb 2010
Welcome Craig. Hope all will go well with your cancer surgery

--
Peter

> [...]
>>> 2010 Automatic Updates
>>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Thursday, February 18,
>>> 2010 Automatic Updates
>>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February 17,
>>> 2010 Automatic Updates
>>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February 17,
>>> 2010 Automatic Updates
>>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Wednesday, February 17,
>>> 2010 Automatic Updates
>>> Windows XP Security Update for Windows (KB923723) Tuesday, February 16,
>>> 2010 Automatic Updates
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dallas.....
>>>
>>> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2,
>>> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
>>> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window

      7th Mar 2010
thanks peter & awaiting still for the authorization as i had the labs, ultra
sound, the p.e.t. scans & had to have a neck biopsy on friday past, so just
paying the waiting game. thanks again & be well & blessings to you....

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,